Swedish Prospect Update Thread

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Wich Swedish AHL players will get a chance to play in NHL this season do you think?

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
I remember reading some posts last season about Lerby being a solid SHL player, and this season his offensive production has blossomed and it looks like he has a bright future ahead of him.

Reactions: Johnny Danger

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Sweden could put a break on the Ds for a couple of years and focus on developing Cs and forwards and not loose any sleep over it. I request a more even development plan. Were are the top end Cs? EP then what?

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
Sweden could put a break on the Ds for a couple of years and focus on developing Cs and forwards and not loose any sleep over it. I request a more even development plan. Were are the top end Cs? EP then what?

Agreed. But it's just the hockey culture in Sweden. Youth teams focus on team play, hard work and defence much more so than letting their best players shine

Reactions: ZEBROA

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Following the conclusion of the SHL regular season yesterday, here's my (highly subjective) top 10 performances this season among prospects selected in the 2017 and 2018 drafts;

Honorable mentions: Nils Lundkvist, Isac Lundeström, Johan Södergran.

#PlayerNHL teamCurrent teamComment
10Albin Eriksson:starsSkellefteåDespite playing limited minutes, Eriksson contributed with 9 goals and 7 assists.
9Jesper Sellgren:canesLuleåSelected in his second year of eligibility in 2018, this defenceman had 3 goals and 12 assists while playing about 20 minutes per game.
8Filip Sveningsson:flamesOskarshamnThe leader among junior players in Allsvenskan with 15 goals and 27 points, Filip has been an important part of Oskarshamn's surprisingly good season.
7Lucas Elvenes:vegasRögleElvenes led all juniors in the SHL with 17 assists, and also added 3 goals.
6Marcus Davidsson:sabresDjurgårdenMarcus improved on his previous season highs by getting 10 goals and 17 assists.
5Samuel Ersson:flyersVästeråsWith 27 wins, a GAA of 1.95 and a save percentage of 93.3, Samuel was one of the main factors behind Västerås finishing third in Allsvenskan.
4Filip Hållander:pensTimråTimrå had a bad season in their return to the SHL, but both 2018 second round picks have been bright spots for the team. Hållander has been really active on the scoresheet with 7 goals and 14 assists.
3Dominik Bokk:bluesVäxjöAfter getting 2 points in the SHL last season, Bokk managed to get 8 goals and 15 assists this season even though he didn't play in a prominent role.
2Jesper Boqvist:devilsBrynäsFollowing a season where he scored 13 points, Jesper became the second leading scorer for Brynäs this season with 35 points.
1Emil Bemström:cbjDjurgårdenLeading the SHL in goals with 23 while still a junior is an amazing achievement.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
how you you like Johannes Kinvall? Emil Djuse?

and - playing in College - Gustaf Westlund ...?

I watched a lot of Westlund this year, he was playing on a great line for a while and looked very good in the Big Ten. Missed some time due to injury I believe. I think he should be due for a breakout season offensively as a sophomore. OSU should be pretty good again.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Sweden seem to have a great developing program for Ds. Why cant they translate that to forwards? I know Holtz Raymond Gunler etc are on its way, but they ar to few and far apart. Copy the Finns forward development strategy. Not as many NHLrs but more consistent with higher skill. Makes me angry and sad at the same time

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Sweden seem to have a great developing program for Ds. Why cant they translate that to forwards? I know Holtz Raymond Gunler etc are on its way, but they ar to few and far apart. Copy the Finns forward development strategy. Not as many NHLrs but more consistent with higher skill. Makes me angry and sad at the same time

Had a first look at the 04 age group this weekend. Saw a couple of forward gems from the Gothenburg area.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
what's your opinion on Carl-Johan Lerby? 15pts in 32 games so far as an 21 yr old defenseman ... sounds quite nice

he is really good. fast, skilled, smart, gritty, takes cares of defensive duties. seen him play 100 times. give him another year and i think he can play in nhl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad