GDT: Sweden vs Poland

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I will stick with Olympics with NHL-ers in 2026 and 2030. rather than World Cup which is being held every decade or two. Plus nobody can take seriously competition with "national" teams that includes Europe and North America U-23. I just checked world map and can't find these two "countries".
images.png

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
2025 the NHL will replace the usual All-Star week events with a 4 Nations Tourmament instead. Swiss group, top 2 teams then play a final game.

Sure, it will star the top 4 nations but it's more a taste test for the real deal: the Olympics.
Well even the Olympics is 12 teams and will have weaker teams (usually host nation), the guy I responded to seemed to want best 6 or so teams playing, World Cup would be closest to that.

Reactions: Summer Rose

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Poland worked their socks off.

If Gustavsson isn't sharp.. who know what the score of this game could be. I enjoyed this one very much.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I think the main issue that Russia and Belarus, a medel contender and a competitive team, are suspended. That has bumped two lesser teams up. Great Britain and Poland doesn't really belong. It probably would've been better to continue the Championship division with 14 teams.

I wonder what they will do when Russia and Belarus gets reinstated. A year with no promotion from Div 1? Or have 4 teams relegated
My vote is they start right at the bottom.

1. They deserve it.

2. It will be hilarious.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
My vote is they start right at the bottom.

1. They deserve it.

2. It will be hilarious.
Haha, yes. Slovakia had to start at the bottom after the dissolution of Czechoslavkia, so why not? It would be interesting to see something like Russias K-team (I am assuming no NHL or KHL players would play, maybe VHL allstars or something) face the likes of Mexico and United Arab Emirates :sarcasm:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Haha, yes. Slovakia had to start at the bottom after the dissolution of Czechoslavkia, so why not? It would be interesting to see something like Russias K-team (I am assuming no NHL or KHL players would play, maybe VHL allstars or something) face the likes of Mexico and United Arab Emirates :sarcasm:
That would screw up the rankings/seeding system/Olympic quali.

I would drop the both of them to Div IA, just to give them an extra year to think about and it would also mean we don't have to do any weird stuff with relegations/promotions. You could just increase the number of teams in Div IA by 2 for a year.

We have a lot of time to come up with something, though, maybe someone devises a better plan in 2040

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad