GDT: Sweden vs Great Britain

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I know there's not a thread and the game is irrelevant, but I just want to say Sweden has a very interesting recipe forming a somewhat better team than when you look at the individual parts. The offense is mediocre, with a pair of mostly unknown NHL players. The rest are just hard working, high pressure SHL players but I must say they have impressed me more than usual.

At defense the Swedish team has a couple of strong NHL players such as Rasmus Dahlin, Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Erik Gustafsson (CHI, no one knows who he is) is working some magic. And yeah, some other I can't remember. Lindholm being a pillar? Larsson is a beast. The defense is stacked. Then we have some unknown NHL goalie from Detroit (Hellberg) that hasn't sucked but hasn't been great either.

What I do know is this Swedish team is a nightmare for Britain. They're very hard working and intense up front, two-way beasts at forward and the defensemen - the skill players - are at the back. It's much more difficult to shut down defensemen than forwards for the weaker team. Not an option for Britain this game.

It's 4-0 after the first and this will probably be a slaughter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad