Sweden vs Finland - What a final it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I would like this rivalry thing a bit more if Finland beat the Swedes a little more often. Maybe tomorrow. That would be enough for the next century or so...

Hutt

Feb 25, 2006
Stop that loser's wet dreaming about losses. Look ahead.

Finland is the clear favorite to win this game today. Those who perdict Sweden will win, have the same basis as before this tournament - counting individual points of the players from the NHL. :biglaugh:

It does not work that way, boys. The best team will win. :handclap:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Imagine if final goes 8-0

I want Sweden to win, but wouldn't it be wild if Finland, of all nations, went 8-0? How many countries have done that in the Olympis(I would bet Soviet Union, maybe Canada but noone else)

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
octopi said:
I want Sweden to win, but wouldn't it be wild if Finland, of all nations, went 8-0? How many countries have done that in the Olympis(I would bet Soviet Union, maybe Canada but noone else)

Nobody has 8-0.
USSR has 7-0 from Sarajevo 1984.

SChan*

Color@do @v@l@nche said:
Some people here are just jealous, because Finland made it to the finals.
Little respect would be nice.

GO FINLAND GO! :yo:

no love for forsberg?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
When Sweden and Finland play, the results before the game don't matter one bit. Which team will win? I say it is a coinflip. Both teams have things speaking for a win.

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
gozar said:
If you are a fin, how the hell can you say that? If not, then I think a Slovakia - Sweden matchup would be a more fun game to watch than a fin-slovakia. That would be, if I weren't swedish.

Oh, I'm not a Finn. I just type with a Finnish accent sometimes.

I wasn't thinking so much in terms of regional rivalries as much as styles of play. My thinking was that the Slovakians' explosive, wide open, end-to-end style would make for an interesting matchup with the Finns' solid defense.

But either way, I'll be very happy to watch tomorrow's game. It's hard to believe the tournament is almost over. I always get depressed for a couple of weeks after the Winter Olympics, but this is the first time I've started getting melancholy before the games even ended. It just feels so... wrong to have to wait four more years to see this again. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad