GDT: Sweden-Latvia

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Butt ending is by definition very dirty and a crystal clear 5+20. The intent I can't know, thus clumsy or very dirty depending on if intentional. Sliding the top hand down is not a good look, but who knows...

Yenn 22

Dec 31, 2019
that should have been 2 minutes for embelishment... but in direction of officiating during this tournament, I totaly expected it to be 5 minutes major

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
Butt ending is by definition very dirty and a crystal clear 5+20. The intent I can't know, thus clumsy or very dirty depending on if intentional. Sliding the top hand down is not a good look, but who knows...
He just barely touched him with the stick, come on. He pushed him with his hand and the stick greased him a bit.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Clumsy or very dirty, either way obvious match/game penalty.

Sweden's PP has not impressed so wouldn't be surprised if Latvia scores instead.
The butt end to the chest was enough to get him kicked out. The stick may have been jarred and the Swede got the butt end in the face. I doubt there was embellishment. The butt end to the chest wasn't very hard so if had played dead for that would it have been an act.
Absolutely stupid play. If you are going to butt end someone do it in a scrum of 4 or 5 players where you can hide it.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Shitty pp from Sweden, slow tempo, passing players that doesn't move or moves really slow, when they enter the zone they telegraph the passes .

They could have increased tempo to win the game ,but no

Now its chance, one shot and it might be over

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
He just barely touched him with the stick, come on. He pushed him with his hand and the stick greased him a bit.
Yeah, using the butt end of the stick towards another player is the definition of: butt ending. Very dirty. (You don't even have to hit to be a game penalty, the act itself is by sliding the top hand down and aiming the top half is bad enough.)

Not sure what rule book you go by though.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
That legit might be the softest 5 and a game I have ever seen in my life.
From the angles I saw I could agree, but maybe they saw the end of the stick hit Lindholm in his face on other pictures. Otherwise I dont understand the call.

In WC they always seem to be very hard on plays that might injure severely no matter the outcome

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
Yeah, using the butt end of the stick towards another player is the definition of: butt ending. Very dirty. (You don't even have to hit to be a game penalty, the act itself is by sliding the top hand down and aiming the top half is bad enough.)

Not sure what rule book you go by though.
Never said it wasn't a penalty by a rule book but pretending that he lost his teeth for a few minutes was also a clear embellishment.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This is just the wrong take. Come one.

It was a light glove shove, which happens in every single scrum in every game. The only difference is the Latvian player wasn't holding his stick right at the very end, and the butt end grazes Lindholm's chest/chin area. Lindholm goes down like he was shot and pretends to be injured on the bench, clutching his jaw, until the major is called, at which point he is miraculously fine. He literally is hiding his face so that the refs can't see that he is completely uninjured.

There was no intent. This wasn't even a butt-ending. It's horrendous call.

That legit might be the softest 5 and a game I have ever seen in my life.
By far.

The butt end to the chest was enough to get him kicked out. The stick may have been jarred and the Swede got the butt end in the face. I doubt there was embellishment. The butt end to the chest wasn't very hard so if had played dead for that would it have been an act.
Absolutely stupid play. If you are going to butt end someone do it in a scrum of 4 or 5 players where you can hide it.
Get real man.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This is just the wrong take. Come one.

It was a light glove shove, which happens in every single scrum in every game. The only difference is the Latvian player wasn't holding his stick right at the very end, and the butt end grazes Lindholm's chest/chin area. Lindholm goes down like he was shot and pretends to be injured on the bench, clutching his jaw, until the major is called, at which point he is miraculously fine. He literally is hiding his face so that the refs can't see that he is completely uninjured.

There was no intent. This wasn't even a butt-ending. It's horrendous call.

By far.
there was 2 situations, the first one was nothing special, but seconds later the latvian player used his stick as a weapon towards Lindholms head

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Does Sweden seriously need to play this comedy? I thought the Latvian hit Lindholm in the face with his glove first, but Lindholm was hit in the chest wasn't he? I don't know the exact definition of the rules, but I don't think it's a five minute penalty. I'd rather see Sweden win without a dubious penalty for the opposition.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Never said it wasn't a penalty by a rule book but pretending that he lost his teeth for a few minutes was also a clear embellishment.
"clear embellishment", you do you. If you have said possible embellishment, sure. Guess you've never got hit by a stick in the face, nor the butt end of one.

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
After 45 minutes there will be nobody to discuss that penalty, nobody will remember it.
Nothing about that was very dirty. Stick to clumsy with a noticable essence of hollywooding.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
there was 2 situations, the first one was nothing special, but seconds later the latvian player used his stick as a weapon towards Lindholms head
I mean, if you want to completely live in a different reality, sure.

The second incident occurred exactly as I described. It was another light glove shove, which happens 100x per game. The butt end was exposed and grazes Lindholm's chest/chin area. He then goes down like he's shot and quite literally pretends to be injured, going so far as to cover his face so the refs can't actually see nothing happened. After the major is called he is suddenly A-OK.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
"clear embellishment", you do you. If you have said possible embellishment, sure. Guess you've never got hit by a stick in the face, nor the butt end of one.
Because he wasn't hit by a stick, the stick greased his chin/face because the Latvian wasn't holding it well when he pushed him with his fist. There was literally nothing.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
After 45 minutes there will be nobody to discuss that penalty, nobody will remember it.
Nothing about that was very dirty.
A butt ending is *always* very dirty. Despite that, no, I don't believe there will be any suspension handed out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: