WJC: Sweden 2019 Roster Talk

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
"Nånstans have Lundeström and Zetterlund been with us since U16 so they deserved to be the ones out there with 2 minutes left"
Good thing no actual coach is going to use that line of reasoning... Oh.. wait.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Was Sweden missing any difference maker level forwards from this tournament? Feel like they had everyone eligible there. It's kinda weird how little forwards the country produces when you compare it to all their stud defensemen. Finns are missing basically a first line.

Is Bemstrom the best U20 forward currently? In the last four drafts, it seems like Pettersson is the only high-end forward to come out of Sweden. Bratt is okay. Andersson and Nylander were high picks but I'm not sure how they'll do.
Bemström & Elvenes are the best ones born 99-00, yeah. Our 2019 draft will be lackluster to say when it comes to forwards. Our 2020 class looks great, though: Raymond, Holtz, Gunler, and looking like Nybeck might also be great.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
In that clip i can see Lundeström, Brännström, Elvenes, Zetterlund, Svenningsson, Bemström & Bäck. Don’t have a clear view of the other ones.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Of course this team should've won against the Swiss but if you compare the teams Switzerland really have some good players and we have a weak -99 crop with not enough elite talent to make up for it. The coming years will be really fun to watch, especially 2021 with the 2001 defenders Broberg,Söderström,Broberg with Holtz,Raymond,Gunler up front.

I don't think Montén should have all the blame either, Grönborg failed with much much greater teams, like the choke 2014 in Malmö with players like Forsberg,Lindholm,Djoos,Burakovsky,Wennberg

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
A lot of these guys played their final game together in a Sweden jersey. I don't mind them having some fun after the game. Filming it and posting it on social media is beyond stupid however, doesn't look good at all.
What i have a problem with is that they talked about not doing it right after the Swizz game, bit they did it anyway. Thats a big lack of respect.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Come on, you soccer moms. Who cares if they go out to have some beers after the game? After all, they follow the leadership of Tomtén. If you lose badly, you just shrug, say "meh" and move on.

It was however very stupid to share it on social media. Smart players - and people - don't have an account in social media at all. That these idiots decided to share pictures of themselves partying was the kind of intelligence one would expect from this roster. If they hadn't, no one would've known or cared. Now they have the clickbait media after them. "This is outrageous! Absolutely reprehensible!" Lol.

Swedish hockey might have good trainers, but they have horrible coaches. They shouldn't exactly have nutcases like Keenan, but you shouldn't have a Tomtén either, with a pulse close to a coma. I almost expected him to start serving mellis on the bench, since he didn't do anything else.

How can it be so hard to get an active coach, that coaches during games? And how in the hell could they hire Tomtén? What kind of merits does he have, apart from getting his teams relegated? The Swedish Hockey federation needs some new blood and some old, corrupt crooks need to go. Let me guess, Tomtén got the job because of "social contacts"?

Last edited:

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
You know you are a real loser to party after a loss like that. It is childish and not ok by what should be proffesional players. They should not drink alcohol at all during workseason. Best is not at all . At least win something first...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad