Svacina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukko4

May 15, 2002
Montreal, QC
I think it would be tough for Svacina to get drafted this year, just cause he has seen such limited icetime on a veteran-laden club. He has shown some flashes of what is to come, and I think you may see a team take a chance on him in the later rounds, in the hopes that he could turn out to be a steal.

He has a load of talent, but he is pretty slight on the ice. I think he will have a lot more impact next season, though.

Rom

Jan 21, 2005
Czech Republic
Stevenet said:
I think it would be tough for Svacina to get drafted this year, just cause he has seen such limited icetime on a veteran-laden club. He has shown some flashes of what is to come, and I think you may see a team take a chance on him in the later rounds, in the hopes that he could turn out to be a steal.

He has a load of talent, but he is pretty slight on the ice. I think he will have a lot more impact next season, though.
Thanks for your opinion....

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Are we talking about Vladimir Svacina playing for the Icedogs???

uhhmm...dude...."veteran-laden club"??? you serious? There's like....10 rooks there and I think they're even playing with a couple more due to suspensions and injury..

but anyway, [and honestly I don't mean to be cruel], but this kid has been terrified for most of the season. I'm sure coming from the Czech team he was playing for and adjusting to new life in NA has been quite the learning experience...and I think the language barrier has been a very big issue for him as well. [WHY DON'T THESE KIDS LEARN ENGLISH BEFORE THEY GET HERE?? shouldn't that be a requirement?..ok,,,but anyway...].

As far as his play, well....this past month or so I'd say he's really gained some confidence and it has definitely showed in his play. At the beginning of the season...(up until about mid-February actually), all I could do was roll my eyes every time he was out there...cuz everything about him was Pathetic - with a capital "P". However, as of late, he's stepped it up a notch and has gotten himself into the regular line up. He does seem to have good instincts around the net. He needs to work on his skating, and his power...but he's still just a baby, so that's no surprise and no different from the rest of the rookies on the team. All in all, I think he has some talent...he actually reminds me a lot of Brad Efthimou, if you're familiar with him...that's not exactly a BAD thing....it's just not really a good thing. The good part about that is that Vlad still has some time left to develop in the O...and another year or 2 of experience may be all he really needs to fill out and toughen up. His skills seem decent - although quite honestly, it's been hard to tell, just because I cringe every time I see him and it's been kind of like watching a car with no brakes barrelling down the hill...just wondering when he's gonna crash. He just seems out of control somehow - and I don't really mean in a physical sense...he just seemed out of place. Like I said tho, he's definitely showing improvement ...and as a rookie, i think that's about all anybody really hopes for.

As far as being drafted in '05 or whenever the next draft is....he'd be a guy i really would recommend to wait for the following draft. I think, it would benefit him although he's an '87 so that may be a problem depending on if and when they settle a CBA ---again, all just my opinion....completely meaningless, i'm sure.

Rom

Jan 21, 2005
Czech Republic
MePutPuckInNet said:
Are we talking about Vladimir Svacina playing for the Icedogs???

uhhmm...dude...."veteran-laden club"??? you serious? There's like....10 rooks there and I think they're even playing with a couple more due to suspensions and injury..

but anyway, [and honestly I don't mean to be cruel], but this kid has been terrified for most of the season. I'm sure coming from the Czech team he was playing for and adjusting to new life in NA has been quite the learning experience...and I think the language barrier has been a very big issue for him as well. [WHY DON'T THESE KIDS LEARN ENGLISH BEFORE THEY GET HERE?? shouldn't that be a requirement?..ok,,,but anyway...].

As far as his play, well....this past month or so I'd say he's really gained some confidence and it has definitely showed in his play. At the beginning of the season...(up until about mid-February actually), all I could do was roll my eyes every time he was out there...cuz everything about him was Pathetic - with a capital "P". However, as of late, he's stepped it up a notch and has gotten himself into the regular line up. He does seem to have good instincts around the net. He needs to work on his skating, and his power...but he's still just a baby, so that's no surprise and no different from the rest of the rookies on the team. All in all, I think he has some talent...he actually reminds me a lot of Brad Efthimou, if you're familiar with him...that's not exactly a BAD thing....it's just not really a good thing. The good part about that is that Vlad still has some time left to develop in the O...and another year or 2 of experience may be all he really needs to fill out and toughen up. His skills seem decent - although quite honestly, it's been hard to tell, just because I cringe every time I see him and it's been kind of like watching a car with no brakes barrelling down the hill...just wondering when he's gonna crash. He just seems out of control somehow - and I don't really mean in a physical sense...he just seemed out of place. Like I said tho, he's definitely showing improvement ...and as a rookie, i think that's about all anybody really hopes for.

As far as being drafted in '05 or whenever the next draft is....he'd be a guy i really would recommend to wait for the following draft. I think, it would benefit him although he's an '87 so that may be a problem depending on if and when they settle a CBA ---again, all just my opinion....completely meaningless, i'm sure.
I don't agree with your assesment about his skating. A lot of people say that his skating is pretty good. I saw him play and he is really fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad