Prospect Info: Sutter Muzzatti - LW | 143rd Overall | 2023 NHL Draft

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I didn't see a thread for him before. Monster winger, 6-5/225 now they say. Double-overager.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So we drafted the Canes goalie coach's kid, and one of Tampa's coaches kids

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Sutter said in his post-draft press conference that he’s now 6’6” and 235. He believes he’s done growing.

Interesting pick as I grew up watching his Dad play for the Whalers and earn the nickname of “The Fighting Scorpion” due to his unique stance and acrobatic style.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
An absolute behemoth of a man that made everyone do a double take when he was against the glass. Had a nice release and I noticed him picking corners in the shooting drills, but as you can imagine he is not fleet of foot so it was half speed. He's got a lot of skating work to go, but interesting swing pick for sure.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Muzzatti himself has said that he’s been a late bloomer as he’s sprouted up and had to adjust to his body. NCAA is a great spot for him as was pointed out in the Wood thread, they have a much higher practice to game ratio and Sutter can work on his skating.

Interesting trivia, but Muzzatti is named for a couple of head coaches his Dad played under, Duane and Darryl Sutter of the legendary Sutter family.

Anyone want to guess who his brother is named after?

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Muzzatti himself has said that he’s been a late bloomer as he’s sprouted up and had to adjust to his body. NCAA is a great spot for him as was pointed out in the Wood thread, they have a much higher practice to game ratio and Sutter can work on his skating.

Interesting trivia, but Muzzatti is named for a couple of head coaches his Dad played under, Duane and Darryl Sutter of the legendary Sutter family.

Anyone want to guess who his brother is named after?
Dryden Hunt, duh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad