Post-Game Talk: superstorm

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Didn’t see a second of it and won’t.

Spent the day touring around Vancouver before attending the Canucks game and wife is ecstatic with a 6-3 win. I might get lucky tonight.

IMG_9309.jpeg

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
9-6 since Dec 1. This lineup is catching up to us. Still winning more than losing but not by a whole lot. The chytil and Kakko injuries are becoming more and more difficult to overcome.

Brodzinski I’ll say again is not an nhler.

Bonino is doing way more than he ever should be. Prob a 13th forward maybe a 4C at most right now. He’s playing as a 3C

Pitlick stinks prob should be a 13th forward at best.

Goodrow eating thru a tube the last month is he really at his best? No.

Fox has been mid

Lindgren terrible

Shesterkin mostly lousy outside of a 4 game stretch.

Lineup needs a shake up. I don’t see why edstrom can’t come in for a few games to spell Bonino. I don’t see why at this point of the year Othmann can’t provide a spark with a cup of coffee. Not going to hurt him. Feels like these moves should have been made already but drury is just hanging on till the deadline
It’s drurys strategy every season. Come in with zero depth, pray the core can hard carry until the TDL where you fill a bunch of holes that you ignored

Last edited:
Reactions: Stone97Ace

Stone97Ace

Oct 30, 2023
Anyone see this quote post game?

"I was fortunate to get a lot of good passes and put it in the back of the net. My uncle signed this guy Pitlick, that was funny. Also, the pretzels are stale." said Drury, the 23-year-old nephew of Rangers general manager Chris Drury.

I had a pretzel a couple weeks ago, it was stale.

Stone97Ace

Oct 30, 2023
Lavvy will sleep maybe 3 hours tonight and group message Housely and Peca..you up? Gerard made sure he got 8 hours of solid sleep because it's important and with a stretch asks which rink is open for practice, "actually let Troubs got this." Torts gets 5 hours, wakes up punches the face of whoever woke him up and demands to know where the Europeans and troublemakers are.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I don't get how management has love affairs with fringe players few years ago it was Hunt, years ago it was Tanner Glass, this year its Brodzinski. I don't get how he gets powerplay time over players like Vesey, Cuylle or even Goodrow.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Fighting a 101 fever with a hockey game tomorrow night I don't want to miss so decided to rest up. Ended up sleeping through the game and checked NHL.com with 5 minutes left in the third period, and glad I decided to sleep through this one and try to sweat out my fever.
Wish I would’ve skipped it instead of trying to fight through a splitting migraine to watch whatever that was tonight, feel better!

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
This place is hot take central. Didn't Ranger fans say the same thing about Brady Skjei? How did that turn out?

Here's a hot take. Schneider is having a good year and would look better if Gustafsson could defend in his own zone. Gus handles the puck like its a grenade unless hes on the rush or PP

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
The Rangers, like mentioned upthread, are 9-6 in their last 15 games. They're fortunate to have gotten off to the start that they did. Right now they're not playing a good, consistent brand of hockey. And when they lose, man do they lose bad. They need to start stringing together wins again or they're going to be caught and surpassed in the standings. And for all the good things they did to begin the season, if they lose the opportunity to have home ice advantage in a few months, then that would be sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordon Bombay

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This place is hot take central. Didn't Ranger fans say the same thing about Brady Skjei? How did that turn out?
They traded him for a good return and he’s basically been the same player in Carolina? Is this supposed to be some gotcha?

Here's a hot take. Schneider is having a good year and would look better if Gustafsson could defend in his own zone. Gus handles the puck like its a grenade unless hes on the rush or PP
He’s having a good year if you’re not watching the games lol

Schneider is supposed to be the defensive guy on any pairing. If he can’t do that, then what exactly is he good at? Cause he’s not good at offense

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They traded him for a good return and he’s basically been the same player in Carolina? Is this supposed to be some gotcha?

He’s having a good year if you’re not watching the games lol

Schneider is supposed to be the defensive guy on any pairing. If he can’t do that, then what exactly is he good at? Cause he’s not good at offense

When has this ever been the case in his career besides this season? Nemeth, Braun, Harpur. The 3rd goal he is being blamed for yesterday was a miscommunication between Igor and Gustafsson.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I thought we were going to stop yelling about Schneider when Schneider posted decent analytics for the first half!

I wouldn't take much of anything from that game to read into.

As I predicted, it was an ugly ass Carolina game where nobody did anything. High danger chances were 9-5.

I'm not interested in people screaming at me about Igor this morning, but I'm just gonna let 6 goals on 9 high danger chances float around out there and you can do what you want with it.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Ugly game. Typical Carolina regular season performance. They clutch and grab, refs cant be bothered to call it all. Rangers packed it in halfway through. Pretty disappointing match for everyone involved aside from Carolina. Even the NHL is disappointed because it didn't turn into a bloodbath.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad