Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I've never had any interest in Tekken so this is definitely a deflating reveal for me. I really can't complain after getting Sephiroth and Pyra back to back though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
E38AuuBWUAQZCzv.jpeg

Tekken X Street Fighter X king of fighters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Been playing a lot of this game and holy batman the characters are ridiculously unbalanced. They OP'd some of the moves and decreased others base on their speed. The problem is the characters either get too fast like Pikachu or can swipe half of the map for the sword ones. Samus is by far one of the worst, she has a grapple which extends like 1.5 times longer than the previous games and Up+B causes like 35% damage per hit. Then she has the homing missiles, the large power blast, the drop bombs, and the double kick. Like wtf?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Been playing a lot of this game and holy batman the characters are ridiculously unbalanced. They OP'd some of the moves and decreased others base on their speed. The problem is the characters either get too fast like Pikachu or can swipe half of the map for the sword ones. Samus is by far one of the worst, she has a grapple which extends like 1.5 times longer than the previous games and Up+B causes like 35% damage per hit. Then she has the homing missiles, the large power blast, the drop bombs, and the double kick. Like wtf?

Samus has always been a baddie. Was always surprised to see the pro players rarely use her. She’s so effective at zone control, is hard to knock out, and has knockout power.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Samus has always been a baddie. Was always surprised to see the pro players rarely use her. She’s so effective at zone control, is hard to knock out, and has knockout power.
So I complain about certain move distance covered yet I just came to the most OP'd one with Mythra and Pyra, but specially Mythra. Her Forward+B sword slash is like half of a level (on Fourside as one example). I suggest a lot of the sword characters in this game are really cheap to play with. I get a lot of them aren't really powerful, but when they can constantly attack you and you can't land an attack it gets frustrating. Probably the most powerful level 9 I've encounter is Meta Knight, who has that combo forward slash himself. E: Steve's Forward+B mining cart move is pretty greedy to use as well.

How do you think I should counter Samus as Fox (who's my main character)? Also off the top of your head, who is the most played character from the pros?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I haven't played consistently in a little while now but I always felt as though this game was by far the most balanced in the series.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I haven't played consistently in a little while now but I always felt as though this game was by far the most balanced in the series.
People really forget how Bayo and Meta Knight broke the previous two games and Melee of course is a mess.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So I complain about certain move distance covered yet I just came to the most OP'd one with Mythra and Pyra, but specially Mythra. Her Forward+B sword slash is like half of a level (on Fourside as one example). I suggest a lot of the sword characters in this game are really cheap to play with. I get a lot of them aren't really powerful, but when they can constantly attack you and you can't land an attack it gets frustrating. Probably the most powerful level 9 I've encounter is Meta Knight, who has that combo forward slash himself. E: Steve's Forward+B mining cart move is pretty greedy to use as well.

How do you think I should counter Samus as Fox (who's my main character)? Also off the top of your head, who is the most played character from the pros?

Yeah they’re both real easy to cheese. Fun to play with but hard to go up against if your character doesn’t have any speed.

With Fox v Samus I’d just use his shield defense to cancel out Samus’ projectiles and charge up attack. Keep her at distance with your laser and attack at the right moments.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Kazuya looks like a really cool character. The 4 Mii costumes are also characters I thought had a chance of being playable fighters (Lloyd, Dragonborn, Shantae, Dante). Sucks there's only going to be one more character though, no clue who it will be.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Those Mii costumes were a bunch of hyped deconfirms, really feels like we're in the endgame now.

Lvl 9 Kazuya is the best CPU in the game wtf, I'm getting completely mixed. I'm taking footstool combos, dying at 50 centre stage to rage BS, idk what the hell is going on. Dude has so many moves I'm struggling to identify them and play safe. Doing fine with Cloud, but just okay with ZSS and Joker, pretty bad with my G&W. He feels harder to edgeguard than he should be at first glance and he's so damn heavy too.

Happy we got 39 songs, Ultimate song list getting so big.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the biggest let down for the final character for me would be another Pokémon.

I assume it will be a 3rd party character as it's the legit final character for Ultimate, but hype in Japan and hype in North America don't always line up.

Having 3 Microsoft characters in (though Vault Boy costume happened before the sale) makes it seem like Chief or Doomguy are still possible. Idk.

But then it could easily be a joke Nintendo character like a Goomba or something.

Or just a Gen 8 starter.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I still feel like Crash is the most obvious character missing. We really need to have Mario vs Sonic vs Crash to settle the console wars of my youth. But with one character left I'm not expecting it. Frankly I've been expecting a Pokemon character for the last couple of reveals and am expecting it for the final one as well.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think the biggest let down for the final character for me would be another Pokémon.

I assume it will be a 3rd party character as it's the legit final character for Ultimate, but hype in Japan and hype in North America don't always line up.

Having 3 Microsoft characters in (though Vault Boy costume happened before the sale) makes it seem like Chief or Doomguy are still possible. Idk.

But then it could easily be a joke Nintendo character like a Goomba or something.

Or just a Gen 8 starter.
I'm in the minority but I'm actually okay with a Pokemon if only for the banger remixes.

At this point though I don't really care who they add. They've put a ton of love and effort into the game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah I just can't play this game anymore. I don't know if I lost all my skill, passion, or if they changed it too much for me, but I get absolutely creamed nowadays. Too many overpowered characters and too many terrible levels. Has to be one of the biggest let-downs in decades' and one of the most frustrating games.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I just don't see a scenario in which a Gen 8 Pokemon doesn't get into this game. I think it's what it has to end up being. Rillaboom is my prediction because we don't already have a grass type but there's a ton I could see.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I just don't see a scenario in which a Gen 8 Pokemon doesn't get into this game. I think it's what it has to end up being. Rillaboom is my prediction because we don't already have a grass type but there's a ton I could see.
Honestly, sign me up for this if true.

I want those banger remixes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad