OT: Super Bowl LVI

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Terrell Davis, who knows what kind of numbers he could have finished with if migraines didn't cut his career short.

I am a Bronco’s fan so TD holds a special place in my heart. His star shone as bright as anyone I just wish his run would have been longer. A return beast At his peak.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't care what you guys say, that half-time show was tight. It had all the greats, even an Eminem kneel.

All it was missing was a "smoke weed every day" at the end.

It was tight, amazingly so, despite the all-chrome strats. Eminem is ageless.

My wife is 44 and she and all her friends thought the half time show was great. At the end of the day those were her legends.

That being said massive sporting venues with geeky white executives feeding off the company (or vendor) tit is about as awkward and unhip a group that you will ever get. 95% of that live crowd and rap go together like Ice Cream and Onions.

I think for the television audience they drew in a massive group that has no interest in football but were there for the halftime show.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I am a Bronco’s fan so TD holds a special place in my heart. His star shone as bright as anyone I just wish his run would have been longer. A return beast At his peak.
Big Bronco's fan too , smart minds or something like that.:naughty: We had a great run there for a while eh ? Man it's been bleak the last few years , ever since Manning retired, bastard :laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Big Bronco's fan too , smart minds or something like that.:naughty: We had a great run there for a while eh ? Man it's been bleak the last few years , ever since Manning retired, bastard :laugh:

we were the model of consistency from
The late 7o’s on when I jumped on the Orange Crush Bandwagon. Times have been lean lately.

Reactions: Jets 31

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
My wife is 44 and she and all her friends thought the half time show was great. At the end of the day those were her legends.

That being said massive sporting venues with geeky white executives feeding off the company (or vendor) tit is about as awkward and unhip a group that you will ever get. 95% of that live crowd and rap go together like Ice Cream and Onions.

I think for the television audience they drew in a massive group that has no interest in football but were there for the halftime show.

I think the mix of people in attendance is a bit more varied, with a lot of celebs/athletes/socialites. You might be surprised to find out which stuffy old white dudes enjoy some hip hop music :naughty:

NFL and hip hop's demographics overlap pretty decently, I bet you're more likely to get people solely tuning in for the halftime show for acts like Shakira+J-Lo/Katy Perry/etc. I could also be way out of touch and have no idea what I'm talking about!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love McCartney/Rolling Stones/Prince/Tom Petty/Springsteen/The Who/etc. but this show was on another level.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think the mix of people in attendance is a bit more varied, with a lot of celebs/athletes/socialites. You might be surprised to find out which stuffy old white dudes enjoy some hip hop music :naughty:

NFL and hip hop's demographics overlap pretty decently, I bet you're more likely to get people solely tuning in for the halftime show for acts like Shakira+J-Lo/Katy Perry/etc. I could also be way out of touch and have no idea what I'm talking about!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love McCartney/Rolling Stones/Prince/Tom Petty/Springsteen/The Who/etc. but this show was on another level.

yea I am over my head on the topic but the majority of Super Bowl in pretty corporate with the insane ticket prices. Not saying that crowd doesn’t like rap but the stadium with a mixed audience that is there for football and schmoozing is a tough gig. I thought the performance was good.

The only Super Bowl concert that I really remember is Price in the monsoon in Miami. When he did Purple Rain “live” in that torrential downpour it was one for the ages.

Reactions: SLAYER

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
we were the model of consistency from
The late 7o’s on when I jumped on the Orange Crush Bandwagon. Times have been lean lately.

I've always liked the Packers and the Broncos, and I'm really liking Buffalo this year.

The Broncos desperately need a quarterback, and GM John Elway has been trying to find one for the last 6 years since Manning left. Until they get a real good one, they won't be contenders. I don't even know if Elway is still the GM there ? but I assume so.

Just a gut feel, but I would not be surprised to see Aaron Rogers signs there, as I think he's looking to leave Green Bay. They might get lucky with a draft pick, but so far no luck, unless they've just been impatient.

They've been thru Flacco, Ossweiler, Simeons, and the QB from Minnesota ( forgot his name) and likely a couple of others. Very hard to win in the NFL without a star QB, unless you have a great defence like Seattle had about 4 years ago, and the Ravens about 8 years ago.

Last edited:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I've always liked the Packers and the Broncos, and I'm really liking Buffalo this year.

The Broncos desperately need a quarterback, and GM John Elway has been trying to find one for the last 6 years since Manning left. Until they get a real good one, they won't be contenders. I don't even know if Elway is still the GM there ? but I assume so.

Just a gut feel, but I would not be surprised to see Aaron Rogers signs there, as I think he's looking to leave Green Bay. They might get lucky with a draft pick, but so far no luck, unless they've just been impatient.

They've been thru Flacco, Ossweiler, Simeons, and the QB from Minnesota ( forgot his name) and likely a couple of others. Very hard to win in the NFL without a star QB, unless you have a great defence like Seattle had about 4 years ago, and the Ravens about 8 years ago.

Yup they have to solve the QB opportunity (see Bucs and Rams as the most obvious examples).

Reactions: GNP

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

You know you've hit middle age when your legends are at the super bowl half time show. Not trying to be rude, just saying. I know you know, but it's all about generating revenue. 15 years from now we'll be watching a middle aged Ariana Grande and my daughter will finally be watching the Super Bowl with me.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You know you've hit middle age when your legends are at the super bowl half time show. Not trying to be rude, just saying. I know you know, but it's all about generating revenue. 15 years from now we'll be watching a middle aged Ariana Grande and my daughter will finally be watching the Super Bowl with me.

100%

I’m a boomer and classic Rock use to be counter culture lol. Then it was punk, hair bands, metal fits in somewhere, then grunge. OG rap use to be rebellious now it lets women get out of the house away from the kids to relive their bar hopping youth.

The cycle of life is fascinating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad