"Super agent" Mino Raiola dead at 54 (2nd update: family confirms death)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They are different kind of assholes but they are still assholes and i'm certain the world would be a lot better without them. That isn't exactly controversial.

But all this is a pseudodiscussion now that we know it was fake news.
One takes advantage of multiple highly corrupt organizations to make himself incredibly rich.

The other is literal tyrant who’s murdering thousands of innocent people and doing his best to start world war 3.

Like Raiola has certainly treated some people like shit and done bad things but they aren’t even comparable.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
One takes advantage of multiple highly corrupt organizations to make himself incredibly rich.

The other is literal tyrant who’s murdering thousands of innocent people and doing his best to start world war 3.

Like Raiola has certainly treated some people like shit and done bad things but they aren’t even comparable.
I took Putin as an example because he's everyones number one favorite to hate at the moment just to prove your not any better than me. You all wish he was dead right?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I took Putin as an example because he's everyones number one favorite to hate at the moment just to prove your not any better than me. You all wish he was dead right?
I don't wish Putin was dead but I wish he was not in power and in prison for life. There is a major flaw in this comparison, one person is a rich sports agent, the other is a war-mongering leader that has put millions in danger and killed thousands.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I don’t wish he was dead. I wish he wasn’t a horrific person.
You see what i mean now? We all wish a lot of people wasn't horrific persons but obviously is it only okay to say that about certain ones.
I don't wish Putin was dead but I wish he was not in power and in prison for life. There is a major flaw in this comparison, one person is a rich sports agent, the other is a war-mongering leader that has put millions in danger and killed thousands.
Yeah i know but who decides which person is the worst? God?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yeah, I think the "super agent" hatred thing misses the point. They don't exist in a vacuum. It's the structure that the nameless, faceless execs have created to squeeze the game for their own profit. But the guy that negotiates like a dick so some players can get theirs is the main problem? Not for me.

Doesn't mean it doesn't drive me crazy the way agents act and direct players sometimes, I just recognize it's part of a bigger disease.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Wishing he was dead isn't the same thing as not crying over his death.

Lol ok. Don't complain about Putin then. We should all accept people that are cancer to this world.

He is one of the big reasons that football has become more about money with his greed. There are a lot of good agents out there who isn't full of greed but this bloke is one of the worst.
The oil sheikhs, oligarchs, and venture capitalists have done a pretty bang up job of making the sport all about money and greed all on their own. Raiola is a symptom not a cause.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Yeah your right about everything but that is common knowledge and are being discussed almost everyday while the agents are doing their thing and still avoiding a lot of criticism.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do I care for Raiola? No. I absolutely hate it and it boils my blood when people refer to others as Cancer!

People die and suffer every day from Cancer. My grandmother died of cancer and my mother is a cancer survivor. I have known many people who have lost loved ones due to cancer, including two of my friends. One lost his mother at the age of 8 and the other his father. You don't know what it's like to be in that hospital, watching your mother go through chemo and seeing everyone around you going through chemo, having to watch her suffer afterward and not knowing the certainty if she'll make it or not. Not to mention the anxiety now when she has to go get blood tests to see if she's still in remission or not.

I hope you and other people around the world stop referring to others as cancer; humans, actors, athletes, games, etc... because cancer causes suffering and death. It also affects the victim's family and friends too. Think about the people who suffer before you refer to someone as cancer.
I’ve always agreed with this view about how people use this word, but never seen it so well put.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not even close to the criticism of owners, federations and stuff.

Agents are just like the ones who earn money on refugees. Exploating a rotten system for their own purposes without caring about humans.
Well they shouldn’t get more criticism than FIFA, UEFA, club owners, etc.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not even close to the criticism of owners, federations and stuff.

Agents are just like the ones who earn money on refugees. Exploating a rotten system for their own purposes without caring about humans.
Again there are levels to this. Agents are not on the same level as some of these governing bodies and owners. @Iron Duke said it best, agents are a symptom.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Well they shouldn’t get more criticism than FIFA, UEFA, club owners, etc.

Agree. But they should get more than they do now and i am going to do everything i can to throw at them. If the people in charge are doing wrong then people who have the power to stop them should show ethics instead of just exploiting the system for their own purposes letting the corruption continue. Agents like Raiola knows what they are doing but they don’t care as long as their pockets are full but as i said there are a lot of good agents out there who isn’t in it for the money.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad