Sunday Top 10 - Most Impressive 1999 Born Rookies

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2016/03/sunday-top-10-most-impressive-born-1999.html

My annual list of the most impressive 'true' rookies (99's this year) to play in the OHL this year. Important to note that this isn't a draft ranking. It's an appreciation for the contributions of the first year players. But I do include some comments in regards to the 2017 and 2018 drafts.

The list is:

1. Michael Dipietro
2. Owen Tippett
3. Nick Suzuki
4. Gabriel Vilardi
5. Jason Robertson
6. Matthew Strome
7. Evan Bouchard
8. Vanya Lodnia
9. Jacob Paquette
10. Jack Studnicka

Several HM's are listed too, and obviously many players are left off that still made an impact. Have to cut the list off at some point though.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Having a good look last year at most of these kids, not surprised.
Good job again Brock.
Lodina, tippet n bouchard I didn't see last year more than once but all well deserved.
A few on the HM I liked alot as well.

RThomas for London is one to watch once some consistent PT opens up. But totally get his omission.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Personally think lodnia should be a bit higher on list. he is tied for 2nd with Suzuki who has played an extra game with 1999 points this year . And that's saying something as well given he had a groin injury and missed pretty much all preseason games and training. Slow start for him but has had 33 points in last 45 games. Basically since he has gotten the hang of things and has gotten more consistent minutes he has been very good. Certainly becoming an important player for Erie to add to scoring depth. So if we are talking value to team for this season I think he should be higher than Bouchard and maybe a few others. If we are talking performance I would say he should be top 5. From a personal observation he has been the best rookie Erie has had in a while (minus Mcdavid). I would put him in franchise rookie catergory with O'Reilly, Brad boyes and a bit better than Dylan Strome when he was a rookie because Lodnia has nice strong skating for a rookie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad