WWE: Summerslam 2017 Predictions, Fantasy, Discussion

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
There are a ton of matches I really want to do in the coming year, so a lot of the Summerslam card will be the 'leftovers' of the 'Mania plan so to say. Like I want to do Nakamura vs Cena and vs Styles, so the one that doesn't make 'Mania would be my Summerslam match.

It's gonna take something thinking to get my card together, but for reference:

Raw PPVs:
Payback
Extreme Rules
Bad Blood (six weeks to SS)

Smackdown PPVs:
Backlash
Money in the Bank
Battleground (four weeks to SS)

Last year there were twelve matches, three of them on the pre-show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rollins/Lesnar
Roman/Goldberg
Big Show/Strowman
Cena/Nakamura
Balor/Joe
AJ/Orton
Sasha/Bayley
Charlotte/Becky/Trin Triple Threat
Revival/Hardys/Enzo & Cass/Bullet Club 4-way
Ambrose/Wyatt
KO/Mojo (jfc)
New Day/American Alpha

Pre-Show
Sami Zayn vs. RuRu
Cruiserweight ladder match
Miz&Drifter/Sheamus & Cesaro

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Part prediction/part fantasy.

- WWE Title match: Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles.
- Universal Title match: Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor vs. Big Show vs. Braun Strowman in an Elimination Chamber match.
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn.
- U.S. Title match: Kevin Owens vs. Rusev vs. Luke Harper.
- Baron Corbin vs. John Cena.
- IC Title match: Dean Ambrose vs. Samoa Joe.
- Roman Reigns vs. The Miz.
- SD Women's Title match: Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch.
- Raw Women's Title match: Bayley vs. Sasha Banks.
- Raw Tag Titles: Cesaro & Sheamus vs. The Hardyz vs. Enzo & Cass vs. The Club in a Tables, Ladders & Chairs match.
- SD Tag Titles: The Usos vs. The New Day.

- Pre-show; Smackdown vs. Raw match: The Revival vs. American Alpha.
- Pre-show; Cruiserweight Title match: Neville vs. Austin Aries vs. Hideo Itami.
- Pre-show: Tye Dillinger vs. Dolph Ziggler.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Guessing we get Strowman vs Brock but an EC match would be insane.

Would love Nakamura vs Cena to happen here so we can get Nakamura vs AJ at Mania.

How do you leave Revival off the main card?!!!? Top Guys need to do Top Guy things at Summerslam. Especially if they wrestle Alpha. That is a potential 6 star match.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
This is actually really hard. There are far too many titles right now, and far too many matches I want to happen. Damn there being too much talent to fit everything on to a reasonably sized card lol.

The biggest problem is the Raw roster and the Universal title, mostly as Lesnar is being saved for Reigns at 'Mania. There are a bunch of top guys who also can't lose to him. Bálor shouldn't be losing yet, Bray needs to be rehabbed, Reigns can't face him, Strowman is happening at Extreme Rules, Ambrose isn't interesting, Rollins shouldn't be sacrificed. That leaves Joe.

I say you do Lesnar vs Joe, with the goal being to make Joe look strong in defeat. Don't sacrifice Joe in the match, make him go toe-to-toe with Lesnar and get a good amount of offence in before being defeated.

The other option I see is doing something like Lesnar vs Bálor vs Rollins or whatever. This is if Lesnar is taking time off and you need to protect him while moving the title to someone else (Lesnar can come back at the Rumble and win the title, and Reigns wins the Rumble. Then they can sign point together).

I like the multi-man option as it means I can have Bálor win a year after his injury, and by pinning Rollins again too. It also lets you headline with your Smackdown match of Nakamura (c) vs Cena (Cena's quest to break the record, a failure). Joe can then face Reigns.

Nakamura (c) vs Cena - World Championship
Lesnar (c) vs Bálor vs Rollins - Universal Championship
Reigns vs Joe

Money in the Bank is an interesting twist on all this. It really would be a great time to have it on the Raw side of things (or ideally on both...) as it lets you cheat the title of Lesnar and go about things a very differently.

As it's on Smackdown, I want it on Styles so I can get him the title whenever I want later. But for Summer slam, I'm having Styles face Orton for it. I want to do an Orton vs Styles match, and this adds some stakes to it. The story being Styles is still being denied his title match, and says he would have beaten Orton for it if he had his rightful chance to do so. Orton disagree, so they fight and Styles ends up taking it off of him.

Orton (b) vs Styles - Money in the Bank briefcase on the line

The mid-card belts get the multi-man treatment, get people on the cards and whatnot. The holders and winners don't really matter as you can go in any direction with them. The actually matches don't really matter either, I just went with the Ladder on Smackdown as there were more guys I liked than on Raw, so it made them easier to fit on the card. There's a lot of room for improvement, but there are lots of titles and little room for non-title programs unfortunately.

The cruiserweights get a singles match, Aries defending against whoever. I'm going with Tozawa 'cos he's awesome, but anyone good can go into that match.

Owens vs Rusev vs Corbin vs Zayn vs Ziggler vs Dillinger - US Championship Six-man Ladder Match
Ambrose vs Crews vs Bray vs Strowman - Intercontinental Championship four-way
Aries vs Tozawa - Cruiserweight Championship

The women are fairly easy to deal with. on the Raw side Bayley vs Sasha is happening, easy to set up. On the Smackdown side I'm going to have Asuka debut and defeat Charlotte for the title. Not sure how to set it up exactly, but it's a surprise opponent. Maybe an injury replacement deal, or adding her to an already existing multi-woman match.

Bayley (c) vs Sasha - Raw Women's Championship
Charlotte (c) vs Askua - Smackdown Women's Championship

Tag teams are annoying once again. Loads of teams, but I want Revival in a normal match so they can do Revival things and win. The Hardys need to be on the card too, so they have to face them. I want heel New Day again, and I want Alpha to win. I'm hoping they can do a 'Clash of Champions' show where they face each other or at Survivor Series. I just want Revival vs Alpha again somehow, and it's easier to do when they're all champions. No clue what I do with all the other tag teams. I'm hoping New Day and heat Alpha back up again, it's a program that should have a long time ago when New Day were really hot as heel champions.

Hardys (c) vs Revival - Tag Team Championship
(heel) New Day (c) vs American Alpha - Smackdown Tag Team Championship

For the final match, I want to do something that Smackdown couldn't do. I want to do Miz vs Angle. Miz is Miz, and Angle gets sick of him, so faces him in a match, and wins! We're setting up Angle to put someone over later, so a win against Miz lets people see him win before he loses later. Angle doesn't have to be built 'cos he's a legend so it's find that he only beats Miz.

Angle vs Miz

Full card:
Nakamura (c) vs Cena - World Championship
Lesnar (c) vs Bálor vs Rollins - Universal Championship
Bayley (c) vs Sasha - Raw Women's Championship
Charlotte (c) vs Askua - Smackdown Women's Championship
Aries vs Tozawa - Cruiserweight Championship
Ambrose vs Crews vs Bray vs Strowman - Intercontinental Championship four-way
Owens vs Rusev vs Corbin vs Zayn vs Ziggler vs Dillinger - US Championship Six-man Ladder Match
Hardys (c) vs Revival - Raw Tag Team Championship
(heel) New Day (c) vs American Alpha - Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Orton (b) vs Styles - Money in the Bank briefcase on the line
Reigns vs Joe
Angle vs Miz

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Guessing we get Strowman vs Brock but an EC match would be insane.

Would love Nakamura vs Cena to happen here so we can get Nakamura vs AJ at Mania.

How do you leave Revival off the main card?!!!? Top Guys need to do Top Guy things at Summerslam. Especially if they wrestle Alpha. That is a potential 6 star match.

The idea is do you want them to have their time cut and not have as good of a match as they can or do you want them to get 15-20 minutes and steal the show even if they're on the pre-show?

The thing is if you don't have at least one multi-man title match for one of the main titles, there's way too many matches on the card that are singles matches and thus, too many talents that would be left off the card.

I mean, you could do an one-on-one Universal title match and have Kurt say "well, Smackdown had the MITB PPV, so Raw is going to have their own MITB ladder match at Summerslam" sort of deal and throw some bigger names in there to make it a stacked MITB Ladder match.

I would do Nakamura/Cena or Nakamura/Styles at the Royal Rumble and then do whichever one isn't done at Wrestlemania. For all the crappy Rumble endings that we haven't liked in recent years, I think Nakamura going over Cena to retain or win the WWE Title and Styles winning the Royal Rumble would be ****ing bad ass -- and I think Vince likes Styles enough to at least give him a Rumble win. He's already trusting him to headline live events in Cena's absence, is a top merchandise seller and is carrying Vince's blue brand.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You have to think/hope they see AJ has enough of an individual draw by then that they see him as a feature match, instead of having to pair with someone else they think is a casual draw (Shane)

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Braun Strowman
WWE Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs. AJ Styles vs. John Cena
#1 Contender's Match: Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Owens
Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe
Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match: Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. The Miz vs. Kalisto vs. Apollo Crews vs. Big Cass
Raw Women's Championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Alexa Bliss
Smackdown Women's Championship: Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch
Raw Tag Team Championship: The Revival (c) vs. Sheamus & Cesaro

PRESHOW: United States Championship: Sami Zayn (c) vs. Baron Corbin
PRESHOW: Cruiserweight Championship: Austin Aries (c) vs. Neville vs. Akira Tozawa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad