Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 6

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Marginal upgrade in a position we don’t need but he would be good, brilliant player to watch. Not sure if he’s a bigger talent than Martinelli though (probably not). He’s a big name and signing him would be showing ambition.

I'd absolutely hate this. Thankfully that source looks really suspect.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Great summer for United this time, but glass houses and all with the Liverpool spending. It's kinda funny making fun about Andy Carroll that was a decade ago. Or going on about Keita.

Especially with some of the highlights that were in the last 4-5 seasons for United.

(In US dollars because I don't feel like converting) 65 million for Fred! 24 for Dalot, 93 for Lukaku (got a lot of it back to be fair) 50 for Matic! Lindelof, Sanchez, Depay and Schneiderlin for around 38 (seems to be a magic number). Mkhitaryan for 45! Bailly and Herrera for 40ish. 66 for Martial. Heck, 20 each for Darmian and Rojo. Took a bath on Di Maria (paid something stupid like 82... and no telling in wages / agent fees).

We're talking almost 650-700 million dollars on just waste. There's also no telling what was paid for wages and money under the table.

Heck, that's even before getting to the money spent to bring Pogba back.

I'll take a Naby Keita mixed report (he's still a player who could come good), an Andy Carroll blunder a decade ago, and maybe an overpay for Chamberlain over what was basically money lit on fire. Liverpool could screw up 60-70 million in transfers each window, and still come out positive.

Imagine how much time we could have saved if you guys, fellow superleague founder Liverpool FC, just didn't cry about wages every time another team signs a player?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Imagine how much time we could have saved if you guys, fellow superleague founder Liverpool FC, just didn't cry about wages every time another team signs a player?
I don’t care about wages. We all know City is paying them all under the table anyhow.

Just go look at the backslapping about Liverpool blowing transfers by United supporters. It’s silly.

No club has a monopoly on wasting money on junk.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I don’t care about wages. We all know City is paying them all under the table anyhow.

Just go look at the backslapping about Liverpool blowing transfers by United supporters. It’s silly.

No club has a monopoly on wasting money on junk.

We're mocking a few posters who cried about the Varane signing. Read the thread again

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
No wayyyy. But Havre said they heard different on a forum. Random guy Gazza2014 was wrong?

Anyway, Romero is just as good a target so no big deal. Yet.

Even after a good night sleep you cannot stop lying?

I never said he was coming to Spurs. So what did I hear exactly?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Time will show.

Love how confident people are around here based on random media reports. I don't think Kounde will come, but surprisingly being reported by a couple of people I know got contacts within Spurs that they are working on something with Sanchez the other way.

My guess right now is that there is a waiting game. Kounde seeing if someone bigger comes in for him. So I think Spurs got a shot even if it might be a very long one. I doubt there would still be talks if it was an easy no regardless (if there are really still talks of course).

Looks to me about everything I said is actually happening.

Reactions: Fro

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Looks to me about everything I said is actually happening.

You got very offended by the notion Kounde was waiting for CL football and clung into the idea something was happening because of random people you cited. Then you got very mad when I replaced Kounde for Messi in another post to show how ridiculous it sounded. It is very clear and you can have the last word on the subject if you want because I’m done with it, just like Kounde with Spurs. I’m moving on.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You got very offended by the notion Kounde was waiting for CL football and clung into the idea something was happening because of random people you cited. Then you got very mad when I replaced Kounde for Messi in another post to show how ridiculous it sounded. It is very clear and you can have the last word on the subject if you want because I’m done with it, just like Kounde with Spurs. I’m moving on.

You are such a petty petty person.

Which part of my post was a sign of being offended? "Time will show"? Oh that is me being offended.

I don't mind ridicule, cheeky comments etc if I have said something stupid, silly whatever. But your lying misrepresentation is a bit much. And that you keep on pretending that "what I said is clear" etc. is just disingenuous. Funny how much effort you are putting into it though. Why you even have to start this over again today when you should know your case is so so ridiculously weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad