Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Bellerin rumored to Juve too. He's been really poor the past 2 years after being godly his first full season in the league. He'll probably become world-class under Allegri.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I wouldn't shed a tear if Ramsay left because of his inconsistency and propensity to get hurt. It's not just the amount of games lost, it's him trying to get back to form and it's always a struggle. I'd prefer to keep Wilshere over him. Chelsea would be a perfect fit. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho goes for him too.

So you could care less if Ramsey goes because he's inconsistent and has "a propensity to get hurt" yet you'd prefer to keep Wilshere over him? OK. Some Arsenal supporters deserve this. And after Ramsey was the one player who from what I saw actually tried on Thursday night.

Arsenal would be crazy to sell Ramsey. Could see him doing excellently at a new team or in an Arsenal team with a new manager. Clearly got a lot more potential than his current level (which seems to be the case for almost all players at Arsenal these days).

His level this season isn't even that bad when you put into context. Yes though, another manager would get more out of him. Not so much this season, but in the past Wenger even played him out of position. I could see Guardiola getting a lot of out him with City, but he'd be rotated more than he'd probably prefer.

If they are replacing Wenger this summer, they would be smart to hold on to Ramsay until January to see if he changes his mind.

Not really. Even if a new manager comes in and does well he'd still probably want CL ball. Better to try and get him on an extension of one season or just sell him, the latter being much more realistic.

Bellerin rumored to Juve too. He's been really poor the past 2 years after being godly his first full season in the league. He'll probably become world-class under Allegri.

He seems to be getting worse. I think he's looked better with four at the back and I thought he was worse last season than this season, but that's not by a big margin either way.

He's got the skill to be a better player, but he has to improve defensively and I'm not sure he has the mentality.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hopefully an ex Pool-manager will soon be managing Arsenal....

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well, Liverpool aren't winning a single trophy this year, so this season will be a complete failure? Right? Like it's been with Arsenal for the last little bit?

Arsenal haven't made the CL QF in 8 years now and Liverpool are going to this season, so make of that whatever you want. Arsenal also never won their groups even when playing the likes of Shakhtar and Braga.

Yeah although only one after you finished where we are now. Not that you’ve actually won anything, but still.

That's quite amusing. Arsenal are going to be replacing their manager after losing a game at home to a Swedish team in the Europa League. If they're even going to replace him at all. Liverpool never went that low. I'd rather not be there at all than have that happen, but Arsenal are 15 points off Liverpool right now. Quite a change in quality over the past three seasons, and there's no Klopp out there begging to come to Arsenal to manage them. Enjoy the woods, Arsenal will be in them for some time.

Liverpool didn't really back into Klopp, they showed that they wanted to spend money, a manager wanted to go there, the manager also knew that the board was willing to spend a lot more money. They changed manager at the right time before things got too bad. Arsenal's way past that point so I don't understand the initial barb in the first place, things are well past too bad and Arsenal's been in relegation form since the turn of the year.

We also had to listen to it for years so I think people can f***ing well get over it and accept the talk is headed in the other direction now. Not like Klopp's going anywhere either and they have more players coming in this summer, the one already signed being better than anyone Arsenal could come close to realistically signing.

Hopefully an ex Pool-manager will soon be managing Arsenal....

Yes, I hope so too. Their defense would probably be worse if that's even possible.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Well, Liverpool aren't winning a single trophy this year, so this season will be a complete failure? Right? Like it's been with Arsenal for the last little bit?
If the league is all that matters, I don't see another team surpassing City in the forseeable future unless guardiola gets bored and moves to the Spanish NT. They're gonna be a well oiled machine like Bayern. Scary thing is their youth team is just as exciting with upcoming talent.

It's time to redefine a successful season in England for non-City teams. Finishing top 4 and winning domestic cups.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, while Liverpool haven’t won under Klopp, they’ve gotten to the finals in a few things.

I do agree that City will be the favorite until Pep gets bored, but I at least take some solace in knowing Liverpool will give them a go not capitulate like Chelsea did.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
somehow backed into a decent manager.
What does this even mean?

Klopp turned down other clubs, including Man Utd, before taking the Liverpool job, so I wouldn’t exactly call that backing in.

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

RB is one of the weakest positions in the world, there's really few truly world-class players at RB. Bellerin has been poor, but he has the skill and speed to be one of the best at his position. I'd keep him and see how he performs under a new manager (would do the same with a lot of Arsenal players, tbh including Xhaka).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Going out in the FA Cup how they did was definitely a bummer, but that’s the only competition where I am really upset about their performance. I’m glad they went out of League Cup early. That competition is fools gold and it doesn’t move the needle when you win it; especially if it’s the only things that you win.

I’d say CL quarters (at a minimum) in Europe is pretty good on its own, and if they finish higher in the table than they did last year, which they certainly can, I’d say that’s a successful season in context.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
RB is one of the weakest positions in the world, there's really few truly world-class players at RB. Bellerin has been poor, but he has the skill and speed to be one of the best at his position. I'd keep him and see how he performs under a new manager (would do the same with a lot of Arsenal players, tbh including Xhaka).
He doesn't have the brain or drive to make use of his physical talents or skill to the best of his ability. He's like Moreno 2.0. Maybe if you throw him on a team that's extremely structured and he doesn't have to think too much, but I doubt his mentality ever changes to the point where he can be one of the best in the world (his comment on Sanchez was pretty damning).

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool should finish second. They're the better club, and if they didn't, it's a bit of a disappointment. But in reality, the goal this season was to finish in the top 4, push on a bit in the CL, and potentially go somewhere in the FA Cup. They didn't hit that last goal, but they're probably a year or so ahead of schedule if you asked Klopp.

For what it's worth, Liverpool targeted 5 players last summer. Salah, VVD, Keita, Robertson, and Ox. All five are playing for Liverpool, or will be this summer. I would expect a similar result this summer. They're going to pick four or five clear upgrades, and go get them. They won't get everyone, but I'm quite happy where they stand.

It's not really a hard sell to get players to come join Liverpool. Sure, if you're a Latin player, and Barca/Real is an option, they'll probably miss it. Sure, if City, United or PSG and they're offering bonkers wages, they'll potentially miss. Bayern's going to get some of their German targets, because they always do, but you'd have to think Liverpool is an attractive location to look at.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I mean, while Liverpool haven’t won under Klopp, they’ve gotten to the finals in a few things.

I do agree that City will be the favorite until Pep gets bored, but I at least take some solace in knowing Liverpool will give them a go not capitulate like Chelsea did.
Surely you mean head to head matches, right?

City will probably win the league by 22+ points at this rate. Not even Bayern were this dominant ahead of their competition. He's changed football in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad