Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If the price has dropped to 30m one would think he would have some options. Not to mention his contract is up 1 year from now. On a free transfer he would certainly get offers from teams bigger than Betis.

So by moving to Betis he´ll play for a weaker team than he is playing for now and he´ll forfeit the opportunity to leave on a free transfer 1 year from now. So odd on so many levels.

Only thing he gets is basically some security by signing a new contract (might be important if his knee fails of course).
Lyon board told him he would need to resign to stay though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I was startled to see the mooted salary for Fekir at Betis was 7 million - I wasn't aware they spent that highly on wages.

Would you have any idea what his Lyon salary is by comparison? I see the logic in him hoping Betis would be a springboard to greater things, and given the negative perceptions associated with his failed medical, if such a move considerably boosts his pay packet (while at the same time presumably exposing him to lower income taxes), all the more reason to go.

Ah, I see that while I was typing Havre mentioned the security point too.
3.6M.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
L'Equipe is reporting Arsenal bid for Pepe but Ornstein is saying they haven't.

Odd that two trustworthy sources are saying the exact opposite things.

Also reports that Arsenal have bid for Tierney and he will make the move shortly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The most interest plot of the transfer window (to me) so far is British journalists vs French journalists

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
L'Equipe is reporting Arsenal bid for Pepe but Ornstein is saying they haven't.

Odd that two trustworthy sources are saying the exact opposite things.

Also reports that Arsenal have bid for Tierney and he will make the move shortly.
The english tabloids running with arsenal upping their bid to 25m pounds. I'd hope to hold out for a bit more, but celtic would prob accept 25m.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I'd love if Arsenal indeed got him, way better than Ferreira Carrasco and probably better than Zaha too (at least when you consider what they would cost).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Knockaert getting looked at by Fulham, rumour is 15 million. Knocky was Sky Bet Champions Player of the year when Brighton were promoted. I doubt Brighton get rid of him, really no reason for it and why would he want to go down a league?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think there were issues meeting Raiola's demands and they've also already spend like 150m net this window between Griezmann and de Jong. Possible they just didn't want the outlay unless they could guarantee a recoup on Countinho.
You would think they would be more ruthless in selling Umtiti who's fee would pay at least 80 to 90% of the entire de Ligt transfer.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meh he said Emery was a proven winner.
So... Context doesn't matter much to him...
Emery is a proven winner...

And AB has a point about Spurs, for how "amazing" of a season everyone said they had, they still haven't won any trophy and barely finished above a "scrub" club in the EPL with a "terrible" manager at the helm and an awful away form. Yes, they got to the CL Finals - good for them - lets see if they can go far again and show us last year wasn't a fluke.
I'd love if Arsenal indeed got him, way better than Ferreira Carrasco and probably better than Zaha too (at least when you consider what they would cost).
Arsenal also rumoured to be after Rubien Dias, as they REALLY want him, but his buy-out of 57 million pounds is truly unrealistic.

@les Habs
Arsenal's budget is 40mil, they spent 25mil of that on Tierney.
That's without any players sold. They of course will be shipping out players knowing they got some coming in. It's a terrible system considering I cannot watch another season with majority of the first team last year, but it is what it is.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, he's not a winner. He won EL with Sevilla which is still to this date his biggest and almost only achievement. Rest of his spanish career was a failure most of the time in the league. IIRC, his last season, he finished 7th or 8th.
With PSG, he managed to lose domestic Cups, something Blanc never did ONCE in 3 years. He also failed (albeit with ref help) twice before the CL QF, something Blanc never achieved ONCE in 3 years.
Then he moved to Arsenal and missed the top 4.

The only competition Emery is competitive in is the EL (as shown this year again). If that's he only trophy you're after, fine.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Why are we looking to bring in a player similar to Alli? 100% need another playmaker, even if Eriksen stays.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Because Lamela will get injured?

I don´t believe in that link anyway, but my guess is that players like Lo Celso, Eriksen, Ceballos etc. are all seen mainly as players for a midfield 3. Further forward it would "only" be Son, Alli, Lucas and Lamela. Son and Lucas also having to cover for Kane.

I like Zaniolo, but I can see the concern as to where he would fit. If only he had pace....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad