Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 10: Sky Sports Deadline Day show and lack of dildos

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Assuming the article is correct, there was first the discussion/offer idea of cash+players and Levy basically ignored it. Then City offered 100m (75+25 add ons) cash and Levy rejected it by basically ignoring it as well. City would have been willing to go to 120m cash (100+20) but didn’t make a formal offer for various reasons, among them that Levy was basically ignoring them/not negotiating so they had zero reason to believe making the offer was anything but a waste of time.

Kane absolutely could have forced his way out if he really wanted. Spurs simply aren’t in a place to have Kane sit out and think they can compete for anything more than a 6-7th place finish and if he sat out longer term his value would undoubtedly go down. But Kane wants to still be looked at as a local hero and Levy knows this so Levy ends up holding all the leverage.

Don't they need Kane to even do that much? Top 4 seems totally out of reach for them without things going disastruously wrong for one of those clubs, and Leicester are probably favorites for 5th. No?

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Don't they need Kane to even do that much? Top 4 seems totally out of reach for them without things going disastruously wrong for one of those clubs, and Leicester are probably favorites for 5th. No?

They got 3 pts from what I think on paper is the 4th hardest match they will have all year. Those are in the bank.

Will Chelsea/Liverpool/ManU/Leicester all get 3 pts at home off City? Nope.

Spurs will drop points when they shouldn't, of course. But opening match was massive, it really was.

Reactions: Fro

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
As if football is that predictable - still, we pretend like it is every single year.

Will be interesting to see if Spurs do anything come end of the window. Seems even stranger to add a midfield player if Sarr is signed. Sarr won't play this year of course, but anyone signed now will compete with him next season. And it's not like the current players in favour are old.

Højbjerg, Alli, Skipp, Lo Celso, Sarr and McKennie. That is a bit much - and it would require being able to sell Ndombele (Winks there seems to be some interest in - which matches Spurs' asking price).

My guess is that not much will happen, but really got no clue at the moment.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They got 3 pts from what I think on paper is the 4th hardest match they will have all year. Those are in the bank.

Will Chelsea/Liverpool/ManU/Leicester all get 3 pts at home off City? Nope.

Spurs will drop points when they shouldn't, of course. But opening match was massive, it really was.

:dunno: Union got 5 points from their matches with Bayern & Dortmund last season, better than any other BuLi club. We finished 7th. One match is still just one match.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Unreal signing. Correa is inconsistent but so so good to watch when on form. Inter are doing very well to replace Conte with Simeone and Lukaku with Correa and Dzeko. They might retain the scudetto.

Reactions: Power Man

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Still have to figure out RB, and would love another sold CB but that seems doubtful

I could certainly see Tomiyasu being sorted out.

The thing though as long as Aurier isn't sold we got enough RBs. As for CDs the quality is questionable, but the number of CDs is fine - especially since both Tanganga and Davies can play centrally.

Aurier being replaced by Tomiyasu I guess would be the plan. But you got to wonder why Aurier hasn't already been sold if is to leave.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
My confidence in Bissouma staying is sky-high right now. Hoping I'm happy in 5 days...

You think he’s tecnically secure enough to get his Arsenal dream move next summer? I wouldn’t mind him to be honest. Would like Sanchez more than anything from Brighton though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gladbach's 3M euro move for William Pacho has had to be canceled on financial grounds. BMG was anticipating a sale of Ginter to fund the transfer, but as none materialized...and Zakaria decided to extend his contract rather than getting sold off to England; after Netz unexpectedly became available & Bensebaini wasn't sold...Eberl simply can not finance the move this summer.

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I could certainly see Tomiyasu being sorted out.

The thing though as long as Aurier isn't sold we got enough RBs. As for CDs the quality is questionable, but the number of CDs is fine - especially since both Tanganga and Davies can play centrally.

Aurier being replaced by Tomiyasu I guess would be the plan. But you got to wonder why Aurier hasn't already been sold if is to leave.
Read this morning hos agent said they have a landing place...but they said that last year too...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
:dunno: Union got 5 points from their matches with Bayern & Dortmund last season, better than any other BuLi club. We still finished 7th. One match is still just one match.

I don't have a crystal ball, of course it could mean nothing and Burnley could take 6 points from them.

But right now, it's the biggest win in the PL for any club this year.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Read this morning hos agent said they have a landing place...but they said that last year too...

Yeah. I still think it will happen, but I do think him still being at Spurs - as well as Sissoko - complicates things a bit.

Reactions: Fro

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't have a crystal ball, of course it could mean nothing and Burnley could take 6 points from them.

But right now, it's the biggest win in the PL for any club this year.

Ok, but that doesn't mean anything this early in the season and isn't a very compelling argument for me to put them in the top 5...especially when the first leg of your CL-qualifier is also the most embarrassing loss of any EPL club this year.

Reactions: robertmac43

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Gladbach's 3M euro move for William Pacho has had to be canceled on financial grounds. BMG was anticipating a sale of Ginter to fund the transfer, but as none materialized...and Zakaria decided to extend his contract rather than getting sold off to England; after Netz unexpectedly became available & Bensebaini wasn't sold...Eberl simply can not finance the move this summer.
Knowing absolutely nothing about him, I would like Arsenal to take a 3M punt on him.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not sure what that means. 3 points against City means nothing because they lost in Portugal with player like John and Scarlett?

I don't think Spurs will end up top 4 myself, but it is clearly possible. The same way as it isn't a given that City would have won anything even with Kane.

If Kane scores 30 again then Spurs won't be many points behind whoever ends up 4th.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
You think he’s tecnically secure enough to get his Arsenal dream move next summer? I wouldn’t mind him to be honest. Would like Sanchez more than anything from Brighton though.
I think his technical game would be fine enough, it's definitely a part of his play that has gotten better over time. Esepically since Potter came to town.

Sanchez is a gem, I don't think he will be on the move for a couple summers.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Unreal signing. Correa is inconsistent but so so good to watch when on form. Inter are doing very well to replace Conte with Simeone and Lukaku with Correa and Dzeko. They might retain the scudetto.

A steal, absolutely!

Reactions: AB13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad