Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 11: Sky Sports Deadline show

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Incredible how you twist words and/or fail to understand anything. Just incredible.

I said Leeds showed you didn't need big money transfers to show ambition and play the game the right way.
But you get stuck on the money part and just post troll posts after troll posts.
Mate if you can’t handle banter don’t dish any out. Kinda like if Leeds doesn’t need big money signings to lose to Liverpool, maybe they shouldn’t be dishing it out.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
More problematic for Lyon is losing Depay for peanuts. And he's been pretty bad this year, except for one single game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rugani also in Rennes right now.
Dalbert to follow.
Their D is very impressive now (Maouassa, Dalbert, Rugani, Aguerd, Da Silva, Soppy, Traore), midfield with Camavinga, Bourrigeaud, Tait and Nzonzi, up front they have Guirassy, Doku, Terrier, Niang, Raphinha, etc...
Really interesting lineup with a very nice young coach.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
United dished out 4M to buy Kambwala from Sochaux (2004 born). United has been after him for a while, but Sochaux had rejected all their offers so far. 4M is too much to turn down (year budget is 15M).

He's a towering defenseman coming from Les Ulis (Henry, Martial, Evra, etc...). Some people here will say it comes down to those guys training in the evening outside football :laugh:

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yes. No worries, though. Lisandro will stay and likely be our #1 CDM. He's unfit to play CB or LB IMO. I just hope Alvarez is benched quickly.
I disagree even though he’s on the shorter side he can play CB. But I did see Masch as a cb for years so.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I disagree even though he’s on the shorter side he can play CB. But I did see Masch as a cb for years so.

I've watched him play all positions for Ajax and IMO:

LB: 6 - lacks pace.
CB: 7 - lacks size and a bit of defensive smarts.
CDM: 8.5 - lacks some ball handling quickness, but overall, by far the position that suit his attributes best. Ten Hag just prefers Alvarez because of his pricetag.

Huge fan, though. One of my favorites in this Ajax squad for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United dished out 4M to buy Kambwala from Sochaux (2004 born). United has been after him for a while, but Sochaux had rejected all their offers so far. 4M is too much to turn down (year budget is 15M).

He's a towering defenseman coming from Les Ulis (Henry, Martial, Evra, etc...). Some people here will say it comes down to those guys training in the evening outside football :laugh:

United really seems to have stepped up their pursuit of high potential youngsters in the last couple years.

Honestly it’s a great place to flex financial muscle because the risks are so low in terms of the actual dollars spent.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Whispers that Marko Grujic is on the way to Southampton. Don’t love that.
LFC’s midfield is as strong as its ever been, but it could use some youth there, especially at the 6, but Grujic is also probably no better than 8th choice right now.

He’s also 24, so it’s not like he’s a young prospect.

Liverpool have younger players with a much higher ceiling they can use in cup games.

Reactions: YNWA14

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Considering Aouar and Partey are both very eager to join Arsenal, it is scandalous from the worst owner in football, Stan Kroenke, to not invest.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Pretty clear why Partey isn't moving. Maybe just a few clubs would be willing to do that in the current financial climate, and how many of them want Partey?

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If Arsenal really wanted Partey they would pay his release clause, and if they really wanted Aouar they would make a better offer than 38 million.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Are they very eager though? Plenty of players out there have forced moves for well below their market price because they would only sign for 1 club.

They have tried hard to force moves, Partey in particular, but we just are not paying the money.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OM accepted the West Ham offer for Caleta-Car, but the player refuses to leave.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He’s also 24, so it’s not like he’s a young prospect.

Liverpool have younger players with a much higher ceiling they can use in cup games.
Yes and No. they don’t really have a guy that can play 6 younger than Grujic. Like Jones isn’t going to play the same role as Grujic does. Very different player. The closest would be Leighton Clarkson but he is at least a year away.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Herbert's Chapman's dream of building the greatest club ever has been destroyed by an American fraud. Arsenal have endured irreparable damage and there's so way back, from dominating England in the mid 2000s to this. Endless spiral of decline and mediocrity with no way back because of Kroenke and not buying players. Our midfield is not top 10 quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad