Summer interview with Mikko Rantanen

EurolancheDavid

Can you explain us what are you doing these days?

I had rested for couple of weeks after the end of the season like everybody. Now, I have practices. I am working hard every day and can’t wait the next season. The practice sessions vary every day. I have 11-12 sessions per week.

What do you think about the past season, when you got a chance to play in just nine games for the Avalanche?

It was great to be in the NHL. My goal was to start the season with the NHL team. I was happy I could make it. But it was also good to be in the AHL, where I could play more minutes, like 20 minutes per game or at PKs and PPS. It has made me a better player and developed me a lot. When I came to the NHL in March, I was better player than at the start of the season. It was easier to be there. I am just hungry for the next season.

How you look on your AHL experience?

It was fun to learn the North American hockey style. Of course the overall result was bad for our team as we didn‘t make the play-offs. When I came there, the team was already on a top place of their division, but then tough times came. But I learned a lot and I got privilege to play with great linemates. I want to thank to them for everything.

Full interview >>> http://eurolanche.com/article.php?id=8215

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Thanks so much for these!

Such a change from past generations. Dead of a July, and he's training 11-12 times a week. :laugh:

Great that he has such a good head on his shoulders. He genuinly seems to realize playing in the AHL was good for him and made him a better player. Even though it wasn't as glamorous as the NHL, and it didn't burn a year off his ELC.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
I love this quote about team goals for this year:

"And also to keep a consistence, not be like a roller coaster, up and down. "

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad