Sudbury Wolves 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan16

Aug 9, 2014
Sudbury
Who wants the aggravation for x millions $ investment and dealing with:
1)Drafting players, then players won't report.
2) NTC clause. Players have a choice to accept a trade.
3) All want to play on PP and first,second line.
4) NHL drafted players prefer losing the playoffs to play the professional leagues for better salary.
No thank You!

kenadian

Aug 11, 2005
So after letting approx 30 concession workers go a while back the Wolves are now looking for staff. There's ads on Kijiji looking for staff.........guys prefered.......is what the ad says. Stay classy Wolves, stay classy

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-part-time-st...on/1050101307?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

The Sudbury Wolves is looking for students who are punctual, reliable and hardworking to work in the Concession in the Sudbury Arena for hockey games and concerts and other events being held in the arena.
No previous work history required. Male students are prefered since some heavy lifting may be involved (delivery of pop cases/ beer cases, etc)
Jobs will take place evenings and weekends which do not interefere with regular school work.

woofer

Apr 1, 2014
....unbelievable....

....from the DND's website....as of Jan. 14, 2014..."Just under 500 soldiers, sailors and airmen and airwomen are currently serving with task forces deployed on expeditionary operations by Canadian Joint Operations Command. Although the CAF do not keep track of the gender of deployed personnel, it is safe to assume that eligible women are likely to be serving on the majority of our missions."....woofer...p.s...Wolves.....must.....and I do mean.....MUST.....open the preferential treatment given to those job applicants to BOTH genders .....no if's and's or but's......

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
So after letting approx 30 concession workers go a while back the Wolves are now looking for staff. There's ads on Kijiji looking for staff.........guys prefered.......is what the ad says. Stay classy Wolves, stay classy

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-part-time-st...on/1050101307?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

The Sudbury Wolves is looking for students who are punctual, reliable and hardworking to work in the Concession in the Sudbury Arena for hockey games and concerts and other events being held in the arena.
No previous work history required. Male students are prefered since some heavy lifting may be involved (delivery of pop cases/ beer cases, etc)
Jobs will take place evenings and weekends which do not interefere with regular school work.

That's a lawsuit if I ever saw one. Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario is where the women can direct this case.

Gretzkyforever99

Dec 28, 2014
Great White North

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-part-time-stu...ationFlag=true

Yikes!

mobile

Feb 23, 2012

Yikes!

Keeping it classy all the way...........wow! The gong show never ends with this cast of characters!

JSavoire

May 28, 2011

Yikes!

I've worked in that Industry and it's not fun hauling heavy loads all day every day for minimum wage. The girls generally got the cashier jobs and the guys the labour intensive jobs so I don't think it's out of the ordinary.

woofer

Apr 1, 2014
I've worked in that Industry and it's not fun hauling heavy loads all day every day for minimum wage. The girls generally got the cashier jobs and the guys the labour intensive jobs so I don't think it's out of the ordinary.

.....yeah I remember those days....was around the time this team won a championship....1932 I believe...woofer....p.s...just thinking about some of the amazing young ladies I've met from Sudbury who have achieved incredible heights in medicine, law, business, government etc....some stand out.....ie. our two Olympic gold meadalists...Rebecca Johnson...Tessa Bonhomme....and then there's Meghan McGraith.....let's see...she's scaled every major peak in the world including Everest....then she solo's the south pole....like slinging pop cases were beyond their skill set in highschool.....p.p.s....by the way take a look at who's slinging your brew at The Beer Store next time you're there....

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario

That defence would go over real well!

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
.....yeah I remember those days....was around the time this team won a championship....1932 I believe...woofer....p.s...just thinking about some of the amazing young ladies I've met from Sudbury who have achieved incredible heights in medicine, law, business, government etc....some stand out.....ie. our two Olympic gold meadalists...Rebecca Johnson...Tessa Bonhomme....and then there's Meghan McGraith.....let's see...she's scaled every major peak in the world including Everest....then she solo's the south pole....like slinging pop cases were beyond their skill set in highschool.....p.p.s....by the way take a look at who's slinging your brew at The Beer Store next time you're there....

Woofer, sounds like you've been slinging one too many cases yourself...lol! Woof, woof!:handclap:

woofer

Apr 1, 2014
....an OHL franchise should represent equal opportunity for all in every community they play in...who in their right mind in the 21st century would run such an ad?...and this from a club who wore pink one night for a very special cause.... woofer....p.s...JS.....just a question....were your parents siblings?

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Is it genuine? There spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes and it's on Kijiji...

DieHardTheHunter

Oct 20, 2014
What are the plans for 20 year olds next year? The pickings are pretty slim on the team right now. Hockeyfriend, have they spoken with Harris about him coming back next year?

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
What are the plans for 20 year olds next year? The pickings are pretty slim on the team right now. Hockeyfriend, have they spoken with Harris about him coming back next year?

Not sure about Harris but as you said "slim pickings". Maybe they bring in other candidates.

I can see Tanguay as a candidate of the group here already. Reason - why would they give a rookie 95 goalie a spot for just one season. I would believe if the load was going to be Timpano's then they would have another 97 or 96 at best as his back-up.

I think Desrochers has as good a chance as any. He is and has been a favorite of management and coaches.

Wood...not sure.

I think it matters on whether other 95's would make the trip to the Wolves.

Greywolf

Jan 1, 2015
Timpano is the undisputed #1 Goalie...this will definitely not change next year...Timpano is a stud in the making and very close to one right now...why waste an O/A spot on a goalie that is going to sit for 50+/- games...O/A's for next season should be Harris, Desrochers and a 3rd via trade/waivers (I would imagine the Wolves will be going for an O/A defenceman...at least that would be the smart thing to do)...there are always a few O/A's to be had for next to nothing...like Huether was this year from here to NB for next to nothing...the other O/A candidate the Wolves have for next year...well...he can be one to be had for another team...for absolutely nothing...any one of Turnbull, Menna or Latonovich or a 2015 draftee will suffice for the back-up netminder next season...GW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad