Subwoofers and game systems

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Anyone have any idea if vibration from a subwoofer would negatively effect a PS4 or Xbox? Im not really concerned about disks, but more the hard drive

My new sub looks best in the TV cabinet but im worried it will screw something up.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I wouldn't worry about it, but I suppose you could upgrade your console to an SSD if you were really worried about it :D

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Unless you have your sub on full output, and the the system sitting on top of it at the same time, then no.

I have both my Roku and Switch (at times) sitting on top of my sub, and I don't care. Although TBH, I'd rather not have anything on top of it, as it probably muffles the sound, but space being what it is.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
When I set up my parents' home theater system in 2010, I put the subwoofer only about 6 inches away from the DVR's external hard drive. They used that hard drive for about 7 years and, then, when they upgraded their DVR, they offered me the drive. In fact, I have it in my desktop right now. It's not getting any use, but the point is that it's still working after nearly 10 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad