Speculation: Subban deals not over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
puzzling trade.
Nashville already have their #1 in Roman Josi.
Why would they pay 9M for a 2nd #1 defenceman?
Nashville quickly voided Subban's no movement clause before the ink was dry on the trade.
I think Subban is headed somewhere else.
Thoughtful comments?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
puzzling trade.
Nashville quickly voided Subban's no movement clause before the ink was dry on the trade.
Thoughtful comments?

It's pretty obvious that Subban is going nowhere. If anything, they'll trade someone like Ellis or Ekholm, not Subban or Josi.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
Of course they voided it, they have no incentive to keep it at all. Doesn't mean they aren't keeping Subban for the foreseeable future (meaning years) just that they are keeping their options open.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
puzzling trade.
Thoughtful comments?

Josi = LD
Subban = RD

Also, Subban is more of a #2D with elite offensive instincts.
NSH voided the NMC because they had that option.. Gives them flexibility down the loooong road.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Josi = LD
Subban = RD

NSH voided the NMC because they had that option.. Gives them flexibility down the loooong road.

Can you really toss out terms like elite for an area of an NHL defenceman's game and not consider them a #1?

It's not like Subban's defence is atrocious and costs his team just as much as his offence helps the team.

And pretty sure save for a few teams, Subban is the #1 on most teams.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
puzzling trade.
Thoughtful comments?

he is going nowhere else.

You are looking at it wrong with the fact you think they are paying their #2 $9M. Look at it like they are paying their top pairing $13M, and it is an elite top pairing.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Can you really toss out terms like elite for an area of an NHL defenceman's game and not consider them a #1?

It's not like Subban's defence is atrocious and costs his team just as much as his offence helps the team.

And pretty sure save for a few teams, Subban is the #1 on most teams.

sure... but there is no reason why you cant have 2 elite Dmen on a team.
I was countering OP's logic that just because Josi is #1 Subban cant be on that team.

Josi-Subban would compliment each other nicely.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
puzzling trade.
Thoughtful comments?

Agree.
Mtl didn't want to deal him to Toronto.
Nsh will do the dirty work.

To Nsh:
JvR (1LW)
Gardiner (2/3 D)
1st(2017)

:sarcasm:

Future:
Rielly-Subban
Dermott-Zeitsev
Neilsen-Greenway

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Josi = LD
Subban = RD

The bolded is likely 100% the reason.

Why limit yourself when there is no need to. I mean for Subban, sucks for him, but he keeps up his play, it's very possible to see him finish this contract there.

Also, no one is untouchable and things change in hockey quickly. Nashville goes on the downswing, and option comes around to move Subban for better value, that's not impossible either. Now their options are wide open.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
puzzling trade.
Thoughtful comments?

Stop it.....

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
puzzling trade.
Thoughtful comments?

They can have one #1 Dman on the ice at all times for basically the entire game if they play them separately, or put them together to form one of the elite pairings in recent memory. Why do you see that as an issue? Teams would kill to have that luxury.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
puzzling trade.
Thoughtful comments?

Most teams that trade for a play will void the NMC or NTC as it gives them flexibility down the road should they want/need it. He is going nowhere your reading way more into this than is there, get a few hobbies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
puzzling trade.
Thoughtful comments?

All you have to do is watch the video of Poile's reaction to the trade. That basically says he is going no where. I'd say there is a higher probability that Weber is traded before Subban.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
What do you trade PK Subban for? All other logic aside, all other random, drunk, stumbling thoughts aside, what would Nashville possibly want back?

Nothing. At least nothing that's available.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
puzzling trade.
Not really.

Why did the Ducks add Pronger when they already had Niedermayer? What on god's earth were they thinking? Having the option of having one elite defenseman out on the ice virtually all game is a pretty good thing and about the best thing you can do to win something.

They didn't "void" it. They never gave it to him. He never negotiated it with them. They just didn't gift it to him for no reason, whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad