Subban Changing Fan Perception of Players?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Nah... In the end, there are always going to be ****ing losers who feel that rich people don't deserve to be rich and that he didn't give enough.

I mean, he only gave $10 million... The guy has way more money than that! He should be giving pretty much all of it IMO.

I live in an old ****** Verdun apartment with 2 roommates and I only have to pay $300/month in rent! That should be more than enough for anyone! I get by with my ****** co-op bike store hourly wage and also what I get in donations for my anti-capitalist poetry recitals! How dare Subban exploit the poor with his millions of undeserved dollars!!! Fascist!!

I have a feeling the people mad at subban are not the same people who you're talking about lol. I feel like it's more of the old racist horde not the young idealistic one hate pk/other athletes.

people who dislike capitalism are probably more mad at, say, someone like Molson having millions handed to him then PK having millions given to him through hard work. Athletes are still being exploited too. But this is for another thread so I'll leave it here.

AndrewGForbesTHW

Sep 8, 2014
Canada
His on-ice "issues" are way overblown IMO. Even the Rocket once (famously) gave attitude to the refs. Crosby, who was the youngest captain ever to do many things, would often dive and snap his head back when he got called out. Ovechkin, as a young 25 year old captain, was reckless and would cross the limits on occasions. As a Caps fan, I speak as a firsthand witness.

The truth is, no one is perfect. Subban has his flaws, but his qualities make him one of the most likeable and marketable personalities of the NHL.

It doesn't matter what the pundits or Mike Richards have to say. His flashy style is what makes PK Subban who he is. His confidence elevates him above the other players.

It will also make him an unbelievable TV personality post-career too IMO

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
PK Subban song

Just heard Subban has a song about him:

It appeared on the net on November 15th.

Petry found out about it first and told Dale Weise.

And of course, when the team was playing in Joisey, they decided to play a prank on Subban by having the song blasting on the team bus.

Now the players are deciding whether they should be having it playing during the warm up. Apparently, final decision rests with Pacioretty.

(source: Renaud Lavoie during a TVA segment)

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Subban has just scored only 1 goal so far. There are a lot of defensemen who score more than him, some are no-name. Even Petry has scored 3.
I'm not worried about that, but I'm a bit irritated.

By the way, it seems that the 2nd thread about PK Subban is closed, could we create a 3rd thread to discuss about PK performance ?

Coby

Oct 30, 2015
England
Thanks for the link to the article, I love reading things like this. I'm happy to see PK is making a difference off the ice as well :)

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Bruins fan here

I grew up being taught to hate your team (sports hate) just like I was taught to say please and thank you. Every time I watch PK play against the Bruins I want to punch him in the face.

That being said, I would take him on my team any day of the week and I would love to have a beer with him in any social setting.

I have to go take a shower now.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Bruins fan here

I grew up being taught to hate your team (sports hate) just like I was taught to say please and thank you. Every time I watch PK play against the Bruins I want to punch him in the face.

That being said, I would take him on my team any day of the week and I would love to have a beer with him in any social setting.

I have to go take a shower now.

After letting a Bruins fan in here, I feel like we all need to take a shower. :naughty: :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad