STX Gloves

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
I am considering a new set of 4 roll gloves and I was looking at the STX Stallion HPR2. Does anybody here have any experience with this glove and if so have you compared to other 4 roll designs? I am currently using Bauer 4 roll BHPro and Eagle Aero Pro and wanted see how these compare. None of my local shops stock STX gloves so I am unable to try them for myself. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I picked up couple pairs of the original HPR Stallion Glove earlier this year when a large Canadian retailer closed. These came out in 2017. Other than the palm material I think they are fairly similar to the HPR2.

I really like them. I had been using a couple pairs of Pro Stock/Team Stock CCM HG4RRPs (4-roll IIs) previously. These CCMs are pretty loose in the hand. I find in comparison the HPRs fit much more snug in the hand area. Both are loose in the cuff (my preference).

Now that could be sizing. Both gloves (CCM and STX) are 13". If you really like the looser fit of a 4-roll glove you might want to go up a size from what you normally wear if you buy the HPR2.

I also find them more breathable than my CCMs as they are vented better.

The other thing to note is the palm material. It's a little different on the HPR2 vs. the original HPR (no more Pittard Digital fingers) but the thing to note is the wear patch using Superfabric in that spot in the palm where you see the earliest signs of wear. It's on both models.

It's a flexible and durable material but after several uses I found it wasn't fussy on it. Once again personal preference. The good news is the wear patch is easy to remove and you can remove it without damaging the palm. So if the wear patch is a concern it's an easy fix.

Overall the original HPRs are excellent gloves and I'd be surprised if the HPR2s are not. Just watch the sizing.

Hope this helps!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad