Stuart Skinner worst playoff sv% since Cloutier.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Oilers are soft as butter it isn't just goaltending. It is easy to just blame the goaltending. Oilers D are being abused around their own net.
When you’re losing 1 goal games with a sub 800% goalie it’s safe to say you’d have a different fate with a good goalie

Reactions: Mike C

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Oilers are soft as butter it isn't just goaltending. It is easy to just blame the goaltending. Oilers D are being abused around their own net.
Being a leafs fan you do know what soft as butter looks like - and I don't disagree.

Hopefully having Pickard in net will make them want to be a little tighter in their own zone

Canucks goals haven't really been more mad scrambles in front though, mostly beating Skinner pretty clean

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
MAN…… did Vancouver collapse after Cloutier let in 2 goals from center ice

I think they had a series lead

But those goals just decimated them

I believe they were both by Lidstrom

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
It's not like the coach can throw the skaters playing bad defense infront of the goalie under the bus.

Goalies can be replaced, but you don't have 10 other players you can dress.
Everyone has thoroughly debunked this claim with statistics, yet you keep repeating it again and again and again hoping to gaslight everyone into believing you.

The Oilers are not giving up a notorious amount of high danger chances these playoffs. They are giving up very few, and every single one they give up is in the back of the net because the goalie is incapable of making a single high danger save.

If there were 10 breakaways, the average NHL goalie should be able to stop around 50%.
Skinner would let all 10 in right now.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Oilers would be up 3-0 in the series if they had a Silovs in net.
You mean, in an alternate reality where the Oilers had a different roster? One where they had drafted and developed better, so they had the depth to deal with injuries and/or underperforming players?

If only Pettersson wasn't in a funk, or maybe if Mikheyev hadn't forgotten how to score, or if Demko wasn't injured, or if... Canucks could make the same excuses too.
The reality is that your favorite team made poor roster moves and now have to live with the consequences. Their goaltenders and depth beyond the 5 members that make up their PP1 unit, are passable during the regular season, but get exposed in the playoffs.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Everyone has thoroughly debunked this claim with statistics, yet you keep repeating it again and again and again hoping to gaslight everyone into believing you.

Okie dokie. Oilers play great team defense, you believe what you want, and I'll believe what I want, the Canucks are just PDO frauds.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I see not a lot of response after McDavid got smashed in the face.

That was the most shocking thing to me about all of that. Any other team in the playoffs and that would have been all out mayhem if their leader and best player got jumped like that after the game. The Oilers did nothing. Are they not a tight group or what?

This series has been interesting to watch. I see an Oilers club that has one line they go with for 50% of the game and then throw out the rest for scraps. I don't see a team. I see 3 players and a bunch of bus riders. Vancouver on the other hand, I see a team. A group willing to go to war with and for each other.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
That was the most shocking thing to me about all of that. Any other team in the playoffs and that would have been all out mayhem if their leader and best player got jumped like that after the game. The Oilers did nothing. Are they not a tight group or what?

This series has been interesting to watch. I see an Oilers club that has one line they go with for 50% of the game and then throw out the rest for scraps. I don't see a team. I see 3 players and a bunch of bus riders. Vancouver on the other hand, I see a team. A group willing to go to war with and for each other.

I’d imagine the team was following their well-established game plan: they were all waiting for McDavid or Draisaitl to take care of it.

Reactions: MikeK

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

For real, when McDavid gets hit like that you gotta take off your skate and try to stab someone

Insane that they didn’t go ape

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
You mean, in an alternate reality where the Oilers had a different roster? One where they had drafted and developed better, so they had the depth to deal with injuries and/or underperforming players?

If only Pettersson wasn't in a funk, or maybe if Mikheyev hadn't forgotten how to score, or if Demko wasn't injured, or if... Canucks could make the same excuses too.
The reality is that your favorite team made poor roster moves and now have to live with the consequences. Their goaltenders and depth beyond the 5 members that make up their PP1 unit, are passable during the regular season, but get exposed in the playoffs.
I hate to say it as an Oiler fan but if Demko was in net we'd be down 3-0. Silovs wasn't great in games 1-2 but was still better then Skinner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad