Stuart Skinner worst playoff sv% since Cloutier.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Stuart Skinner, who is sporting a career .881 playoff sv%, is currently only ahead of one goalie in playoff sv% with minimum 20 games played (Dan Cloutier) who didn't play in the 1980's. Dan Cloutier is often regarded as one of if not the worst playoff performing goalies of all time. Does Skinner surpass him as the worst playoff goalie of the modern era?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 11.42.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 11.42.47 PM.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 4

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I say it every year and oilers fans roast me every year but they’re never going to win with their current level of goaltending. Ever.

Lots of goalies have won cups with D on par with the oilers’. When can we stop blaming the D and accept that they have (at best) mediocre goaltending?

Skinner would be a backup on most teams. They can’t get a save.

Last edited:

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I’ve never seen you post. Ever.
If you dug through my Marner hate posts, you’d surely find it. I say the same thing every single year. I was angry last year Campbell didn’t get more of a chance. I’m angry this year because Skinner sucks and I’m sick of hearing excuses for this dogshit goaltending.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Goals 2 and 3 were off bad defensive zone. Cover by McDavid going to the boards when ekholm had the man leaving Boeser wide open in the slot. Then Foegle gives the puck away in transition.
Doesn't explain 20 games of historically bad goaltending. To believe that bad defensive plays and turnovers don't happen to every team multiple times in every playoff game is just naive.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Doesn't explain 20 games of historically bad goaltending. To believe that bad defensive plays and turnovers don't happen to every team multiple times in every playoff game is just naive.
Very few teams play like the Oilers. The same reason they put up huge point totals is the same reason their goaltending sucks. Their top forwards are always looking to fly the zone and defense is an afterthought. Look at Boeser's goals, it's rare you see any player with the puck with that much time in front of the goalie.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
What’s the deal with Campbell? It looks like he bounced back decently well in the AHL after what was a rough start IIRC

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Very few teams play like the Oilers. The same reason they put up huge point totals is the same reason their goaltending sucks. Their top forwards are always looking to fly the zone and defense is an afterthought. Look at Boeser's goals, it's rare you see any player with the puck with that much time in front of the goalie.
That is one example, but its a hilarious rhetoric. I can count probably close to double digit similar chances that Dallas has given up to Colorado in their 3 games where Oettinger has bailed them out. Or probably closer to 20 or30 that Swayman has bailed Boston out. It's laughable that people think these types of chances don't happen almost every single night and often multiple times every single night around the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad