Confirmed with Link: Strome re-signs with Caps (5 yrs/$25M)

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Good for GMBM and the team, but that's the easy one. The real test will be Gustafson. Statistically he's due for a huge raise.

Reactions: Silky mitts

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
Hmm i guess next year backy slides in for eller on the third line when hes gone? I like it. Fairly cheap contract. Now do jensen and orly. And trade mantha.

Reactions: Neil Racki

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Of course, but the question is for what return, in which circumstances etc.
Unfortunately with mantha trade the goal is not to get substantial return but to retain substantial picks and assets. None is giving anything significant for him. Trade him to a team that needs to get to cap floor for a 5th rounder. Use cap space to upgrade. This season is not lost yet.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
52112536-7

4592534-26

Some blank Stats from this season. The one on the top is Strome and the one on The bottom is the #1 trade deadline target lots of people here have been talking about.

Edit:
Its Patrick Kane
I’m sure you can see beyond the stat line and into the shitty environment that Kane is mired in in Chicago this year…..

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Unfortunately with mantha trade the goal is not to get substantial return but to retain substantial picks and assets. None is giving anything significant for him. Trade him to a team that needs to get to cap floor for a 5th rounder. Use cap space to upgrade. This season is not lost yet.
Thinking Mantha has negative trade value is kind of shortsighted

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Totally disagree….this roster does not get better shipping guys for futures……your appraisal of his value is off IMO.

I mean, Strome literally played on his line last season and put up pretty much the same numbers.
What’s that have to do with Kane in Chicago in this year in an even shittier situation than the previous year? Strome‘s situation was upgraded with a move here…..why couldn‘t Kane’s fortunes see a similar uptick here?

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Totally disagree….this roster does not get better shipping guys for futures……your appraisal of his value is off IMO.
The roster gets better by dumping dead weight and adding right pieces. I never said just dump him and move on. Look if you value $5m+ healthy scratches then thats your opinion. I think to say that mantha has been a huge disappointment is an under statement. People around here are ready to trade wilson for crying out loud.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The roster gets better by dumping dead weight and adding right pieces. I never said just dump him and move on. Look if you value $5m+ healthy scratches then thats your opinion. I think to say that mantha has been a huge disappointment is an under statement. People around here are ready to trade wilson for crying out loud.
The healthy scratch is a situational issue, not some indictment that the guy can’t play hockey and has no value around the league.

Reactions: g00n and Neil Racki

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
The healthy scratch is a situational issue, not some indictment that the guy can’t play hockey and has no value around the league.
Its not a situation issue. He was scratched because he sucked. His value is significantly diminished by his overpriced contract. Sure he has some value. Like i said some teams need to get to the cap floor

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Its spot on fair deal for both side. Money, years, structure.

The timing or nature dont really mean anything imo. They liked Strome and signed him. Well, if for one thing, maybe its not encouraging for CMM.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Strome is a fine player, decent player but he doesnt really heat up my breakfast burrito, let alone put maple syrup on my sausage link

Seems fair as long as he stays healthy, most games played was 69 last year

He is more like a dollar store Nick Backstrom. And I don't mean that in a bad way. He is steady and consistent, may not be exciting. But we need players like that.

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’d say Mantha has some value. It’s not going to be a player like Vrana but if they can get a couple of early ish round picks for him at least, I’d call that a win. I’m not expecting an A level prospect and a 1st rounder but I’m not expecting to add draft capital to him to move one more year of salary

Reactions: Ridley Simon

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Its not a situation issue. He was scratched because he sucked. His value is significantly diminished by his overpriced contract. Sure he has some value. Like i said some teams need to get to the cap floor
You’re wrong…..but we can agree to disagree….

I’d say Mantha has some value. It’s not going to be a player like Vrana but if they can get a couple of early ish round picks for him at least, I’d call that a win. I’m not expecting an A level prospect and a 1st rounder but I’m not expecting to add draft capital to him to move one more year of salary
Why not as part of a package for a roster player/upgrade? Futures does nothing to surround Ovechkin with better talent today….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad