OT: Stripping and Customizing a jersey

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
I, like many of you, own a John Tavares jersey. I was thinking of stripping it and customizing it with Barzal, and his number 13. I am from Long Island, more specifically Nassau county. Anybody know a place that can strip a jersey and customize it? Thank you in advance

Reactions: SI90

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I, like many of you, own a John Tavares jersey. I was thinking of stripping it and customizing it with Barzal, and his number 13. I am from Long Island, more specifically Nassau county. Anybody know a place that can strip a jersey and customize it? Thank you in advance

I had a similar question, am out of state though. How do jerseys look when this is done?

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I have the same question for a Strome jersey. Want to rip off the name plate and leave blank for an Eddie Westfall but also concerned how it would look/where you could even get it done.

86this

Aug 3, 2011
Brooklyn
Hi, I've been a lurker for years (as evidenced by the number of posts LOL). I've had great experiences with a company in IL called Exclusive Pro Sports Exclusive Pro Sports - Authentic Customized Team Jerseys They have customized my MLB All-Star game USA and World jerseys and re-customized my Islanders Stadium series jerseys (because the NHL store's customizing wasn't very good). Be aware that since #91 consumed the back of the jersey that the #13 may not block the previous stitching correctly. I hope this helps. LGI!

Reactions: dv92

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
I think stripping the name plate is fine, but the number on the Ones that I have seen is still visible , like it’s faded into the jersey , I think it’s the glue they use to press it on before they stitch it

Reactions: Costigan77

Donnico1

Jul 23, 2006
I am a jersey fanatic. Here’s some pointers- don’t bother stripping a jersey that isn’t air knit. The cheaper jerseys will pull when you try to take the numbers off. This goes for Reebok premieres. Also, you can’t strip a jersey with the iron on numbers. Need to be stitched.

If the numbers and name plate are sewn on tackle twill, stripping can be done but it takes patience and an exacto knife or seam ripper. Also a bottle of goo gone is important to have to get rid of the glue residue that’s usually under the numbers.

Stitches NY in Whitestone does the isles on ice jersey and if you have a blank or stripped jeresey that’s where to have them customized. Any other questions feel free to ask or post pics and I will help out

Reactions: Big L

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
If anyone could do it, it would be Stitches in Queens. They did a great job stitching my Barzal and Pulock jerseys.
Do they have a website or do you need to have the jersey already and bring it to the physical location? Cuz at some point I'm gonna have to invest in a new jersey to replace my captain shithead jersey

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Do they have a website or do you need to have the jersey already and bring it to the physical location? Cuz at some point I'm gonna have to invest in a new jersey to replace my captain ****head jersey
I bought both of them from the pro shop at the practice facility and they will ship it out to Stitches for you. You can also buy it blank and just go there.

Donnico1

Jul 23, 2006
This sucks, we really need to find someone who can do this....has anyone else seen something online or heard thru the grapevines of another choice.

I strip jerseys, I’ve done it for years.

It’s needs to be a pro weight jersey or close. It can’t be a Reebok premiere because that material is too flimsy and will pull.

Twill numbers are both stitched and glued, which means a light weight jersey will look like hell. On a pro weight jersey there is no guarantee but I’ve had good results.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Wait, Lou doesn't allow high numbers at all? I thought the forced JHS change is only the respecting Mario factor...

No

He has a 1-50 rule. Never allowed any Devils to wear over 50

Mogilny worked his number into his contract, and Jagr is a legend so Lou let him keep it I think he let Gilmour keep 93 too because it was midseason

He says logo on the front matters, not the name and number

EDIT: Also no beards, and makes guys shave them off if too long in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad