Proposal: Straight up: Namestnikov for Pacioretty

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
TO MTL:
V. Namestnikov

TO NYR:
M. Pacioretty (Hometown boy)

I believe Patch can still deliver 30+ goals for a couple of seasons and Namestnikov have the upsides and can play center. Since Bergevin love 1-on-1 deals I could see this one go just like that.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah Namestnikov isn't getting you Patioready. Having said that the Rangers getting him would make no sense whatsoever!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
MaxPax is better player, 100% W

Names. is not a pure C, but can do some pivot. More importantly, he is RFA and would be cheaper.

If Habs want cap space for follow up, then this, maybe Rangers add like a 2nd, is still not likely, but I could see it.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
MaxPax is better player, 100% W

Names. is not a pure C, but can do some pivot. More importantly, he is RFA and would be cheaper.

If Habs want cap space for follow up, then this, maybe Rangers add like a 2nd, is still not likely, but I could see it.
And the Habs would still hang up laughing. You want Patches your 1st will be coming our way.

Reactions: Nitram27

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Everybody not just GMs but everybody, equipment managers, training room staff, the guy who drives the jitney from the airport to the hotel, even Hoffman’s GF hang up laughing

My intention was to invent the most eviscerating “hang up the phone” post ever nothing personal

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Good luck getting one of the league best goal scorer while offering only Vladislav-4-points-in-19-games-without-Kucherov-and-Stamkos-Namestnikov.
He played 4th line a lot, he was good just didn’t put up points
That being said, why would the Habs do this? Also why would the Rangers be interested in Patches?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Sign me up. As much as it doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team, we'll flip Patches for better assets than we can get with Namestnikov. It's a no brainier for the Rangers and a horrible deal for Montreal.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Add a 2nd on the Rangers’ side and the value would be reasonable. Pacioretty’s value is a late 1st and a B prospect; Namestnikov is about what you can expect from a late 1st and a 2nd is comparable to a B prospect. That said the Rangers are rebuilding so Patches doesn’t make sense for them at this point, and Montreal would probably rather have the late 1st and hope they draft an overachiever than settle for Namestnikov. So neither side does this.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Namestnikov is a complimentary winger that benefits from playing with Elite talent and could play a depth c role now and then. Mtl doesn't have said elite player for him to play off and they need top 6 c's not more 3rd liners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad