Post-Game Talk: Stormy weather Leafs suck Jets win 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I guess going up against the other teams best goal scorers would be a factor?

Seems reasonable. But it was all about special teams, one of the big weaknesses of +/-. The 2 G scored by that line were both on the PP. Don't count. Laffs scored 2 on the PP. Goals given up by the PK DO count, IIRC.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Seems reasonable. But it was all about special teams, one of the big weaknesses of +/-. The 2 G scored by that line were both on the PP. Don't count. Laffs scored 2 on the PP. Goals given up by the PK DO count, IIRC.

PK goals against don’t count. If you score while down a man you will get a plus and the other team a minus. Maybe I’m reading your post wrong though…

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Fantastic winning weekend!

Good to shut down the Go Leafs Go chants after the 5-3 power-play made things close.

Congratulations are in order:
View attachment 487809

The goals:
View attachment 487810
View attachment 487811

Due to the leaky PK and Hellebuyck flub this game is downgraded to 4 1/2 Luc Stamps of Approval
View attachment 487816 View attachment 487816 View attachment 487816 View attachment 487816 View attachment 487817

Go Bombers!!!
View attachment 487819

PK stats look bad again for the Jets in this game - but ...... the first one, they were doing a really good job of killing that penalty until Stanley failed to clear the puck with 4 sec to go in the penalty. And the second one took a 5-3 for them to score. I really can't fault the PK too much in that game.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Some nice play by CSW - but they were still not a good line. Each had 2 pts but, pardon me for using +/- :laugh:, each of them was a -2. The only Jets with minuses. Here I always thought that stat showed nothing at all, :laugh:. But it must say something when all players on a line are minuses and no one else on the team is.
They were -1, the Kase goal that should have never gone in.

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
These in game incidents would not happen if referees took control of these games.
Just toss one guy from each team at the out set & warn the benches.
The NHL then has to spin the wheel of justice to nobody's satisfaction afterwards.

I would love to introduce one new, simple rule into hockey.

When a whistle is blown to stop the play, every player on the ice must directly place the blade of their stick on the ice and continue holding their stick with both hands. Their stick is to remain on the ice until such time as the referees indicate to each player that they may remove them. Any player not seen to have their stick on the ice will automatically incurr a 10 minute misconduct. A second misconduct for this offense will result in ejection from the game. Getting a misconduct does not preclude other penalties being called for the usual miscellaneous asshatery.

While I'm dreaming, wouldn't it be nice if they announced fines, hearings, and game suspensions with loss of pay for referees, too?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
PK goals against don’t count. If you score while down a man you will get a plus and the other team a minus. Maybe I’m reading your post wrong though…

No, I probably had it inside out. Was trying to figure out how they could be minus 2 when Leafs only had 1 ES goal. Whatever, if they would just leave ST out of it altogether it would be a lot better. ES GF - GA . It would still be flawed, but make some sense.

:laugh: See, I knew I should never have used it in the first place. But couldn't help notice that they were the only Jets with minuses.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, but hard to blame anybody but Hellebuyck on that one, the players didn't do anything wrong to cause the goal.

That's not how it works though. Or doesn't work, for that matter.

Dumb stat. I should never have mentioned it. :laugh:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
:laugh: Is that what they call it?
I call it “a coping mechanism” after getting their shit kicked in by a team they think is inferior in every way.

The obnoxiousness of some of their fanbase is why I have the inevitable first round exit of the Leafs circled on my calendar. I also can’t wait until Matthews skips town in two and a half years. THAT will be a glorious day in HFBoards history :laugh:

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
No, I probably had it inside out. Was trying to figure out how they could be minus 2 when Leafs only had 1 ES goal. Whatever, if they would just leave ST out of it altogether it would be a lot better. ES GF - GA . It would still be flawed, but make some sense.

:laugh: See, I knew I should never have used it in the first place. But couldn't help notice that they were the only Jets with minuses.

I am sure I also saw the -2 and at the same time 2 of the 3 goals leafs had was PP goals leaving only 1 goal to count against the +/-. So I was quite confused about how that would be possible

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Oh I know that line isn't going away anytime soon knowing our coach but they are a dumpster fire in their end and have been for years now. I juat don't get what Maurice seems in that trio any longer. It's good that he now has two other real strong outscoring lines.

It is frustrating though when we had seemed to have found better combinations.
Copp - Scheifele - Ehlers
is decent in all zones and still scores
KFC - PLD - Svetch
same story and is probably OK with Wheeler at RW too.

I had given up criticizing Maurice for a time, knowing that he was here for quite a bit longer. But being in the last year of his contract, I made the mistake of thinking he might be able to get himself fired. If we win against the Canes tomorrow, get ready for an extension signing. :(

I'm going to try to go back to ignoring the existence of coaching in the NHL. Happier that way.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Loved how the Jets played the Leafs last night, physical, made life on their stars hard, skated hard, went to the net and shot pucks........and don't retaliate vs the dumb stuff the Leafs tried once they were frustrated by the blow out and started running at guys. Loved seeing PLD not take crap from AM, give it right back at AM. AM wants to get physical then cool, you get physical back. Great game, fun to watch Leafs implode.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Considering Toronto is considered the center of the universe, the universe collapsing would basically mean a black hole opened up. You know how dense black holes are.

:sarcasm:
Is that a new acronym for stupid opposing team fans? “Buncha dense-holes”!

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
SwHFdW0.mp4
Just noticed the loser Leaf fan… #28

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I would love to introduce one new, simple rule into hockey.

When a whistle is blown to stop the play, every player on the ice must directly place the blade of their stick on the ice and continue holding their stick with both hands. Their stick is to remain on the ice until such time as the referees indicate to each player that they may remove them. Any player not seen to have their stick on the ice will automatically incurr a 10 minute misconduct. A second misconduct for this offense will result in ejection from the game. Getting a misconduct does not preclude other penalties being called for the usual miscellaneous asshatery.

While I'm dreaming, wouldn't it be nice if they announced fines, hearings, and game suspensions with loss of pay for referees, too?
It’s my grade 4 gym teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad