Stop wearing scarlet and gray

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Whatever play it represents, they need to start calling it more often, because what they're doing isn't working.
It means "Watch the Blue Jackets instead". :sarcasm:

Actually, on two or three occasions tonight, the Jackets scored just just after my family and I flipped channels, so maybe there is something to that.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
You know the bandwagon is back when skraut comes back to whine about Columbus.
If by Bandwagon you mean realizing that I've seen 4 televised games, and 1 game in person. Every single one of them a loss. So I follow games on Twitter, and pop into the occasional GDT to find out how things are going without jinxing the team by actually watching.

Your experience at cosi is clearly proves that the team should move to Cleveland. :shakehead

I never said anything of the sort, I was just adding another data point to the augment that people aren't wearing CBJ gear

But since you brought up Cleveland, saw several folks today at the Cleveland Zoo for their Noon Year's Eve celebration in CBJ gear. Many of them had some sort of Monsters gear as well, or were with someone in a Monsters jersey. The CBJ-CM (darn I just want to type LEM) partnership is good for both cities.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If by Bandwagon you mean realizing that I've seen 4 televised games, and 1 game in person. Every single one of them a loss. So I follow games on Twitter, and pop into the occasional GDT to find out how things are going without jinxing the team by actually watching.

I never said anything of the sort, I was just adding another data point to the augment that people aren't wearing CBJ gear

But since you brought up Cleveland, saw several folks today at the Cleveland Zoo for their Noon Year's Eve celebration in CBJ gear. Many of them had some sort of Monsters gear as well, or were with someone in a Monsters jersey. The CBJ-CM (darn I just want to type LEM) partnership is good for both cities.

Corsi is the excuse used by some to trash the CBJ winning streak... as for Cleveland... sewer....

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
There are lots of shades of yellow and red, so maize and scarlet are much more descriptive (though I think OSU has actually moved away from a true scarlet).

If OSU's scarlet does not match the following then we should sue that they stop using the term scarlet. WHO"S WITH ME???

Scarlet

About these coordinates Color coordinates
Hex triplet #FF2400
sRGBB (r, g, b) (255, 36, 0)
CMYKH (c, m, y, k) (0, 86, 100, 0)
HSV (h, s, v) (8°, 100%, 100%)
Source [Unsourced]
B: Normalized to [0–255] (byte)
H: Normalized to [0–100] (hundred)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This winning streak could not come at a better time. With the bomb that OSU laid all of the fans who were let down have another option to go flock to. Idk how many people have brought up the jackets to me at work since the loss simply because i wear a blue jackets hat every day. And I know for a fact that wouldn't be happening if we were our run of the mill team.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
This winning streak could not come at a better time. With the bomb that OSU laid all of the fans who were let down have another option to go flock to. Idk how many people have brought up the jackets to me at work since the loss simply because i wear a blue jackets hat every day. And I know for a fact that wouldn't be happening if we were our run of the mill team.

Agree, the timing is perfect..... After the OSU goose egg (I'm a big OSU supporter too) C-bus fans are joining the CBJ.....

Good stuff..

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
If OSU's scarlet does not match the following then we should sue that they stop using the term scarlet. WHO"S WITH ME???

Scarlet

About these coordinates Color coordinates
Hex triplet #FF2400
sRGBB (r, g, b) (255, 36, 0)
CMYKH (c, m, y, k) (0, 86, 100, 0)
HSV (h, s, v) (8°, 100%, 100%)
Source [Unsourced]
B: Normalized to [0–255] (byte)
H: Normalized to [0–100] (hundred)

Yeah!

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Thanks Homer:

C1H0jHfXcAA8vHx.jpg

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Every where I go, I see someone with some type of CBJ gear on. Needless to say I usually have one of my CBJ hats on.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't know what's worse - Buckeyes fans bitter that there's a pro team in Columbus and doing the "TEHRE CAN BE ONLY ONE" thing, or Jackets fans bitter that the Buckeyes are a big thing here and doing the "ONLY PRO TEAM ALL OTHERS SUCK" thing.

Just once - just ONCE IN MY LIFE - I want to see one or both teams doing well without one or the other fanbases complaining about the other team. Just once.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
You've already missed one of my next three games. And I wore a (plain) gray jacket to Tuesday's game to boot.

Sorry Double, I'm saving all of my money for playoff tickets. Trey Wiesman is jumping on the bandwagon I hear, maybe he'll kick in for that hoodie.

I don't know what's worse - Buckeyes fans bitter that there's a pro team in Columbus and doing the "TEHRE CAN BE ONLY ONE" thing, or Jackets fans bitter that the Buckeyes are a big thing here and doing the "ONLY PRO TEAM ALL OTHERS SUCK" thing.

Just once - just ONCE IN MY LIFE - I want to see one or both teams doing well without one or the other fanbases complaining about the other team. Just once.

Second time you've twisted the OP. All this post was meant to do was to encourage people to where our colors to the games. You want to toss quotes on ignorant phrases, at least make them real quotes.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH

This.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sorry Double, I'm saving all of my money for playoff tickets. Trey Wiesman is jumping on the bandwagon I hear, maybe he'll kick in for that hoodie.

Oh but it's so affordable you said. Everyone should go get one you said. And I gave you the opportunity to put your money where your keyboard is. I see how you are. What about my money, saved for my playoff tickets? Hey everyone! Come see how much Nord really cares about this issue!

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Oh but it's so affordable you said. Everyone should go get one you said. And I gave you the opportunity to put your money where your keyboard is. I see how you are. What about my money, saved for my playoff tickets? Hey everyone! Come see how much Nord really cares about this issue!

Are you taking this personally?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Second time you've twisted the OP. All this post was meant to do was to encourage people to where our colors to the games.

Uhhuh. And that's why you bumped the thread to post a "out with OSU, in with CBJ" image. To encourage wearing Jackets colors to Jackets games. Sure. No comment whatsoever on the whole OSU versus CBJ thing that you've been vocal about in the past. None whatsoever. Uhhuh. Right. Sure. And never any threads about folks wearing non-Jackets and non-Buckeyes colors to Jackets games, even though that comes under your stated purview here, because, um, reasons. Just the Buckeyes. But we're not singling out the Buckeyes or anything. Nope. None of that here. Sure. Right.

Whether that was your intention or not, hon, you're failing miserably to keep it contained to that scope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad