Injury Report: Stone 10/14 -> LTIR 11/4. 11/13 GTD - and BACK

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Looked like a knee or ankle issue. Like he couldn't put any pressure one of his legs.

That's what I thought initially but when he was going down the tunnel it didn't seem like he was favoring one leg over the other. I'd bet money it's a groin/core injury.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

200.gif

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Patches out six weeks is not ideal to say the least especially with no word on Stone. If the Stone injury was mild we would probably know by now.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Conceivably a blessing in disguise, though with how we looked Thursday we may be in last place by December.

I've never been a PDB fan, though you can't argue with his record. I like speedy forwards and we used to be the fastest team in the league, now we're one of the slowest. I like our defense, but I think Lehner is awful - the Kings game was very concerning even before the injuries.

At best, we're lucky we're in the Pacific, any other division I'd think we'd not make the playoffs, in the Pacific we'll likely have a shot and most probably we'll be a different team by March.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Isn’t a long term injury ? Ugh, I have no idea what that means. To me the Pacioretty injury is long term and they would probably say it isn’t.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
After seeing the way he went off the ice that's shocking to me. Until he's actually back or they specify the exact injury I'll be skeptical of their "timetable".

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
English translation - torn groin muscle fibers take 3-4 weeks to heal but no surgery required. Back in about a month, don't rush it and be a nagging injury.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Ice Breakers: Updates On The Jack Eichel Situation And The 2022 All-Star Game Festivities In Vegas - Daily Faceoff

In this case, it tells you they’re waiting for some clarity on their end. I’m told they don’t know exactly what’s going on with Stone or how long he’ll be out. I think there’s the potential with this back injury that he could be out long-term and perhaps maybe they’re holding their cards close to the vest here trying to make an Eichel transaction work.

Seravelli may have let it spill that it's a back injury for Stone.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Even if Stone needs a few months to rest his back, he'll want to play in the Olympics. Telling Stone he's being shut down against his wishes until the playoffs just to get Eichel after his drama would be the ultimate irony.

A back injury would explain all the 'we want to use our top forwards less on the PK' stuff going into this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad