GDT: Stomping Grounds, June 23rd

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
A 1 off wouldnt hurt.Now if they decide to do an entire series,it will definitely hurt them

One match to end the feuds for both women and guys. Let Lacey feud with Charlotte or someone else. Oh f***, now they're going to get her involved in this to get that feud going.

If they're doing mixed match challenge this year, Becky & Seth are definitely going to be there. But I'd imagine to lose to someone in the final if they're both champs.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I mean... the obvious program would be Charlotte/Andrade against Seth and Becky.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Killed it with the predictions tonight. Only got the New Day/Owens and Zayn match wrong.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Remember when they paired up Bryan/Brie? It literally killed Bryan’s reaction. Now, don’t get me wrong... Becky is way better than Brie, but I just see this going down a similar road.

I think both will suffer from this.
That doesn't make sense. Becky being way better than Brie alone says it goes nowhere near the same fate.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A couple’s angle is a sure fire way to kill all your talent’s heat.

It only sort of works if one is a valet and eventually goes away, and even then I don’t think it does.

It really doesn’t work for faces. Heels can at least play up being that gross couple.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
"I just don't understand why we can't make new stars."

*Books 6' 5" 260 pound jacked up dude who can talk as a heater for a 50 year old executive.*

Like seriously. Even PPVs aren't safe, yet another match that Shane feels he needs to get involved. And he'll be front and center again tonight, too

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Liked the show a lot. Everything was good to very good. Nothing was bad nor was anything amazing though. Just a solid show.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

*Books 6' 5" 260 pound jacked up dude who can talk as a heater for a 50 year old executive.*
Drew and Rusev are two astonishing mess ups. Drew literally looks like a god. The guy is built like a machine. Keep him quiet and let him murder.

Rusev and Big E are f***ing crazy massive people who have agility like they are 150lbs lighter. AND they have personality for days.

I don't get it.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

And they didn't even have to make Drew. They tried a decade ago. They failed. He left. Made himself a beast and a star. Came back.

Boom. Lackey.

For literally everybody.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Liked the show a lot. Everything was good to very good. Nothing was bad nor was anything amazing though. Just a solid show.

giphy.gif

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Had it on for background noise.

Liked the ending of the Kofi/Dolph match, hated the beginning though with all the holds and crap.

Didn't pay too much attention to the rest... just wasn't interested in this show from the beginning..

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah I'm surprised we haven't seen that spot before, in a cage match. Just catapulting through the door for the win. :laugh:

I also thought there was a botch earlier, when Dolph got a hand on the mat outside the cage.....but then I figured the feet must touch the floor for it to count.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Member when people thought Shane was different than Steph?

Well they are different, in a way. Shane is more menacing and obviously more willing to take things to a physical level, most often resulting in him getting pushed in the ring when he should be nowhere NEAR a ring and should really leave the wrestling to the actual wrestlers. The ones people actually care to see.

Steph is more mental, talking down to people and emasculating anyone who dares cross her path - while her hubby watches on with a smile. I still find her more tolerable than Shane, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad