Waived: [STL] F Jakub Vrana waived by the Blues (cleared)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hershey, Washington, the Czech National Team, Detroit, Grand Rapids, St Louis. Am I missing anyone? Destroyed his reputation and left as a persona non grata from all those teams within the timeframe of 2018-2023. And some of those stops had multiple coaches he pissed off. Has anyone self-sabotaged like this guy before? Considering his talent level and skillset he must be an absolute nightmare to have in the organization if he gets the boot that quickly from that many teams.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I would like to see SJ take a chance on him. SJ is very thin at forward and so Vrana will definitely get lots of ice time. I think Hertl would be an ideal center for him since Vrana needs someone to do most of the dirty work for him.

Reactions: Czechboy

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I would like to see SJ take a chance on him. SJ is very thin at forward and so Vrana will definitely get lots of ice time. I think Hertl would be an ideal center for him since Vrana needs someone to do most of the dirty work for him.
I feel like he's the last type of player you want on a young team like SJ. If the attitude issues are real, is that who you want around all those impressionable kids?

Block

Feb 14, 2005
. Anyone who believes that trade was Mantha for Vrana needs a reality check. Vrana was a throw-in. No different than Jake Walman was in the Leddy trade. Nobody was talking about Vrana in Detroit. They were talking about getting a 1st and 2nd for Mantha, and “if” Vrana ever screwed his head on straight, maybe they’d get a rejuvenated player, taking advantage of a second chance. He already had a reputation.
Nah, it was Vrana and a second, the first was to take Panik for cap space on a team that thought they had another shot at the cup.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Easy come, easy go.

No one will claim him, probably to St. Louis' disappointment.

They have next to nothing invested in him, and next to nothing to lose.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'd like to remind everyone here that sometimes a 'drug problem' is a problem of self medication for a biochemistry issue that hasn't been correctly treated. That can also affect compete level. There's a difference between Theo Fleury drug use and Robin Lehner drug use. I don't see any other evidence that he's got a Theo Fleury type problem.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Evander Kane was able to get his shit together in Edmonton, think that would be the ideal spot for Vrana. If you can't produce there, then forget it bud.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Probably tired of playing on garbage teams.
The Caps won the Stanley Cup when he was there and he played on a line with Nick Backstrom and TJ Oshie. They had just won back to back Presidents Trophies. Hershey also lost in the Calder Cup finals when he was in the AHL as a member of the Bears. So no I don’t think team success or lack thereof was a factor. He’s 27 with the talent to be a first line winger and he’s been booted off of six teams in three different leagues in nine years.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Vrana may be confused/arrogant/stupid/high enough, to agree to a termination, should nobody claim him. To try and find his own deal, or just call it a day in North America..

It would be a nice Christmas present for both the Blues and Detroit. Obviously the Blues probably don’t want him around their AHL team either. This situation may not end with him not being claimed and just going down to play in the AHL.

Not sorry for having no sympathy for a guy given this many chances.

I think he'd get offered a contract, I don't know if he'd sign it because it would be around 800K but I think there are teams that would do it.

I've said it before and I believe it there are no morals in sports, you can be the biggest piece of shit in the world as long as you are talented you get opportunity and he is.

It's why Antnio Brown lasted in the NFL as long as he did.

It's why Jon Jones hasn't been cut from the UFC.

It's why Connor Mcgregor was never punished by the UFC even after attacking a bus.

It's why Milan Lucic is likely done, because he's 37 and cooked.

Vrana would get offers because he's extremely talented I'm not sure he'd sign them.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I think he'd get offered a contract, I don't know if he'd sign it because it would be around 800K but I think there are teams that would do it.

I've said it before and I believe it there are no morals in sports, you can be the biggest piece of shit in the world as long as you are talented you get opportunity and he is.

It's why Connor Mcgregor was never punished by the UFC even after attacking a bus.

Vrana would get offers because he's extremely talented I'm not sure he'd sign them.
Normally I’d agree with you. The thing is, I’m pretty sure the trade to the Blues was seen as his last chance. Other Managers know what happened in Detroit, and it was bad. Armstrong gave him a chance and it didn’t work. Problem is, he won’t get that type of money overseas. So maybe he does report, but I wouldn’t count out the Blues asking him NOT to show up, and just pay him to stay home.

We should’ve known from that interview he did once getting to the Blues. He took no responsibility at all.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Normally I’d agree with you. The thing is, I’m pretty sure the trade to the Blues was seen as his last chance. Other Managers know what happened in Detroit, and it was bad. Armstrong gave him a chance and it didn’t work. Problem is, he won’t get that type of money overseas. So maybe he does report, but I wouldn’t count out the Blues asking him NOT to show up, and just pay him to stay home.

We should’ve known from that interview he did once getting to the Blues. He took no responsibility at all.

I'm not sure about that, let's take Treliving for example

I Vrana got his contract terminated and Treliving could waive Reaves and sign Vrana for 750K-800K and save 500-550K you don't think he'd look at it?

I bet he would just for the undeniably massive talent upgrade it would be.

And that goes for every team.

There is somebody on literally every single team that Vrana is better than.

So if he got terminated I fully believe there would be interest because nobody has 23 players better than him.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
There need to be a 3 way deal for Vrana to be worthwhile. 50% retention from St. Louis and 25% retention from the 3rd team.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

However Vrana isn't half the star athlete anyone you just mentioned was/is. Now if say Mackinnion went on a sour patch kid fueled bender and did something dumb then sure...your point stands.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
However Vrana isn't half the star athlete anyone you just mentioned was/is. Now if say Mackinnion went on a sour patch kid fueled bender and did something dumb then sure...your point stands.

There is no team in league regardless of who it is that has 23 players better than Vrana, not one.

Regardless of if It's Vegas, Toronto, Chicago, SJ,the NYR or anybody else there is at least 1 player on every single that Vrana is more talented tgen.

He'd get offers.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Caps won the Stanley Cup when he was there and he played on a line with Nick Backstrom and TJ Oshie. They had just won back to back Presidents Trophies. Hershey also lost in the Calder Cup finals when he was in the AHL as a member of the Bears. So no I don’t think team success or lack thereof was a factor. He’s 27 with the talent to be a first line winger and he’s been booted off of six teams in three different leagues in nine years.

Vrana's problem is Vrana.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
There is no team in league regardless of who it is that has 23 players better than Vrana, not one.

Regardless of if It's Vegas, Toronto, Chicago, SJ,the NYR or anybody else there is at least 1 player on every single that Vrana is more talented tgen.

He'd get offers.
Your examples are pointless though. Connor Mcgregor isn't the same as replacing Goodrow etc or whatever 4th liner you wanna pick out of a hat. Teams will not want him with their AHL team. Young teams may not want him around their young players. Veteran teams ala the Bruins might have a core not willing to deal with him.

However Connor MacGregor on his own can sell a fight card people wanna watch. your example was apples to oranges.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad