Half-Assed GDT: STL CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I feel like the hard part to figure out is, what is our team identity? Are we supposed to be a fast team? Skill team? A tough team like the Blues of old (least likely I feel)?

We need a team identity and it really just feels like we don’t have one, hence the wild inconsistency in results, effort, you name it.
We don't have one. Our team is currently a bunch of players that are place holders like Vrana, Kapanen, Scandella, or Hayes while waiting for players like Snuggy, Dvorsky, Bolduc, and Lindstein to be ready.

Reactions: Fitrix

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Blues are winning the most miles skating in the game according to Dobbs… that’s gotta count for something

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
We don't have one. Our team is currently a bunch of players that are place holders like Vrana, Kapanen, Scandella, or Hayes while waiting for players like Snuggy, Dvorsky, Bolduc, and Lindstein to be ready.
I can see that vision for the future, don’t get me wrong, guess it just sucks being in this position right now and as much as I’d like long-term success, I’m disappointed with what we have (or don’t) now. I’ll always love this team, but it sucks and I agree with you 100%

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I can see that vision for the future, don’t get me wrong, guess it just sucks being in this position right now and as much as I’d like long-term success, I’m disappointed with what we have (or don’t) now. I’ll always love this team, but it sucks and I agree with you 100%
While it would be nice to be a top tier contender every year for the rest of our lives it's just not always possible sadly.

gonna get beat by the jackets
Just like the Bruins and Devils.

Robbie Thommie

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
While it would be nice to be a top tier contender every year for the rest of our lives it's just not always possible sadly.

Just like the Bruins and Devils.
For sure. I think that’s both the hardship but beauty of being a true fan of a sports team. While it sucks right now, we sat with it thru the mid 00s bad years and got a cup out of it in the 2010s. This is part of it. Just a product of wanting my team to be the best they can be and seeing they’re not the best in the present. Good pieces, and it’s coming. But, being human, I want it now! :P

Reactions: Blueston

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
For sure. I think that’s both the hardship but beauty of being a true fan of a sports team. While it sucks right now, we sat with it thru the mid 00s bad years and got a cup out of it in the 2010s. This is part of it. Just a product of wanting my team to be the best they can be and seeing they’re not the best in the present. Good pieces, and it’s coming. But, being human, I want it now! :P
Totally understand. I'm not nearly as into hockey this year as opposed to the past few years. But, I'm also not nearly as down as a few people I know either. I'm still gonna watch. I'm just not paying money to watch it.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I feel like the hard part to figure out is, what is our team identity? Are we supposed to be a fast team? Skill team? A tough team like the Blues of old (least likely I feel)?

We need a team identity and it really just feels like we don’t have one, hence the wild inconsistency in results, effort, you name it.
Right, but as soon as the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuture arrives, it'll be all better because those kids will magically bring an identity to the team and it'll rub off on all the veterans who finally get (re-)taught how to be successful in the NHL.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Hofer starts aren't going too good there, unless you like banking tank points against the worst teams in the league in which case Hofer is awesome..

Reactions: Blueston

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
The Golden Knights game was so inspiring, what happened, y'all?

For a minute there, this team was making me feel like this might be the year of #2. :lol:

EDIT: Still believe this team has serious potential. :nod:

Last edited:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Hofer starts aren't going too good there, unless you like banking tank points against the worst teams in the league in which case Hofer is awesome..

Hofer hasn't been impressive since his first few starts, that's for sure. Kyrou is also starting to fall back into his old habits. Lazy d-zone coverage last game and his turnover just inside the blue line led to Columbus' backbreaking third goal. Our power play is so bad that it's almost unbelieveable.

Waiting for Perunovich to actually do something that shows up on the stat sheet and Tucker is just meh. Neither of them really look like NHL players to me. But I guess they'll get more playing time with Bortuzzo gone so by the end of the year we should have a better idea of their potential.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I think our captain needs to give up the C. He has Hayes in his line who is much better in face offs and he is still taking them, especially in the offensive zone. The same when he was out there with Thomas. Taking critical draws then their a re clearly better options on the ice. Just atupid and selfish.

I am now on the move Buch for the best return we can get this year. Especially if it includes a top d prospect. I don’t think he will age well and we don’t need another Schenn contract.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I think our captain needs to give up the C. He has Hayes in his line who is much better in face offs and he is still taking them, especially in the offensive zone. The same when he was out there with Thomas. Taking critical draws then their a re clearly better options on the ice. Just atupid and selfish.

I am now on the move Buch for the best return we can get this year. Especially if it includes a top d prospect. I don’t think he will age well and we don’t need another Schenn contract.
I would love to move Schenn instead. Putting down the pipe now.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
is the tank back on?

Binnington/Parayko is all that stands between us and darkness. It's time to saddle teenage saviors with unrealistic expectations and pray to St. Jaybo for a solution we don't have to think too hard about. Like top 10 draft picks which as we all know result in a hit every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad