StL, Anyone want to play some Ice Hockey ???

jweiss35

Oct 1, 2015
I have a group of mostly adult beginner/lower intermediate level guys wanting to play some hockey. Would like to get 20-24 skaters at each session. All are welcome, but I just want you to know what the talent level of the group is. Ages right now range from 16 - 55, though most are in their 20s and 30s. This is fairly easy going, no hot heads and respect that we all aren't Vlady out there. Cost is split evenly and is usually $12±$3.

Anyone interested in playing please contact me. I will watch this thread, but the best thing to do would be to send me an email at [email protected] and I will reply promptly.

***Our next session is Friday 6/24/16 8:30pm - 9:30pm at Creve Coeur***

Future sessions scheduled for:

Players committed for Friday 6/24/16 8:30pm - 9:30pm at Creve Coeur:

G1.
G2.

SCOREKEEPER:

AHL Dental Sharks (Unofficial standings and stats as of 10/20/16 linked below, rank by PTS Only)

AHL D4 Sharks Standings and Stats - LINK

Jeremey
[email protected]

Let's go Blues!!!

Last edited:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Me and some of my friends might be up for it. I know I need the ice time if I plan on hindering my team less than I currently am. :laugh:

jweiss35

Oct 1, 2015
Just re-read your post that you want more beginner/intermediate level players.
28 now, played since 4yrs old. not sure i'm a good fit.

It is up to you. I don't think most guys will care, but I don't know if you'll have fun playing a slower game. Don't want anyone skating around eveyone just because they can and not sharing the puck. Can always come once and see how it goes if you'd like.

stlbluz

Apr 9, 2007
St. Louis
I wish I had time as this sounds right up my alley. With 3 kids doing ice hockey, baseball, softball, gymnastics, karate etc I've resigned myself to having no free time anymore.

I played street hockey in Brentwood for over 10 years which was a blast. They still play every Saturday morning and then there's a bunch of guys that play inline afterwards. I mention this because I'm sure you could recruit a few guys from that bunch if you went up there sometime. Hitchcocks' wife even played with us back in 2013 and she wasn't too bad.

Look up St Louis Street Hockey on Facebook.

Last edited:

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
Right now my games at Brentwood are on Saturday nights but if you guys keep playing then after my season is over like the 2nd week of November I'd love to play then in between until the next season starts around February I think.

jweiss35

Oct 1, 2015
Right now my games at Brentwood are on Saturday nights but if you guys keep playing then after my season is over like the 2nd week of November I'd love to play then in between until the next season starts around February I think.

Ok, we will probably get two or three sessions in during that time. I will try to post up here if I remember or you can send me an email. I am also using the site below to keep track of who is playing so this is another option to watch for our pickup sessions:

http://www.stlhockey.net/forums/view_topic.php?topic_id=1570

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
Ok, we will probably get two or three sessions in during that time. I will try to post up here if I remember or you can send me an email. I am also using the site below to keep track of who is playing so this is another option to watch for our pickup sessions:

http://www.stlhockey.net/forums/view_topic.php?topic_id=1570

Cool, I'll remember this thread and when it gets to be that time I'll send you an email. I'm not real good or anything, this is my first season ever playing ice hockey.

jweiss35

Oct 1, 2015
I wish I had time as this sounds right up my alley. With 3 kids doing ice hockey, baseball, softball, gymnastics, karate etc I've resigned myself to having no free time anymore.

I played street hockey in Brentwood for over 10 years which was a blast. They still play every Saturday morning and then there's a bunch of guys that play inline afterwards. I mention this because I'm sure you could recruit a few guys from that bunch if you went up there sometime. Hitchcocks' wife even played with us back in 2013 and she wasn't too bad.

Look up St Louis Street Hockey on Facebook.

Thanks for info. Several of us are just getting back in the game as our kids are a little older. One keeps me busy, couldn't imagine 3. That's what its all about though!

jweiss35

Oct 1, 2015
I would be interested. Sounds like fun! Is this full gear or is this just stick, helmet, skates?

I'd say full gear, but shoulder pads optional. No one wore shoulders last time, but some may. No intensional contact pickup. Let me know if want to play. Best if you could email me. Thanks

Jeremey

[email protected]

jweiss35

Oct 1, 2015
How's the goalie situation looking? I know you mentioned you have 2 already.

We do have 2 and they are pretty available and reliable. I have an emergency goalie, but he is rarely available. If you'd like, you can email or pm me your email or phone# and if we need one in the future I will have your contact info. Can never have too many goalie contacts. Thanks

jweiss35

Oct 1, 2015
Update. We have a skate this Saturday 11/14/15 from 10:30 - 11:30 PM at Kirkwood. I am still looking for 2 - 4 skaters. If anyone is interested in this skate or future skates please shoot me an email to: [email protected]

Thanks

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm jealous. I'd love to play. But, I'm too many thousands of miles away, and haven't played since my early 50s, which was almost 20 years ago. Have fun!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad