Speculation: Stevie Y coming home???

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Whenever I see something like this, I wonder how much teams parse their words. For example, if Yzerman told Holland he was stepping down, but then separately told Draper that he was interested in the Detroit job next year. Draper tells Holland, and Holland can say that Yzerman never spoke to him about the Detroit job.

I think people know more than they imply, but ultimately time will tell what will happen.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Why are they being so coy about this.
I think it gets filed in the, 'Worst Kept Secret' category, with the facade to avoid any tampering penalties.

To be clear, I think Yzerman legitimately wants to first chill out at home. But if it quacks like a duck...

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Whenever I see something like this, I wonder how much teams parse their words. For example, if Yzerman told Holland he was stepping down, but then separately told Draper that he was interested in the Detroit job next year. Draper tells Holland, and Holland can say that Yzerman never spoke to him about the Detroit job.

I think people know more than they imply, but ultimately time will tell what will happen.
Holland doesn't want to give up a draft pick so he's covering his tracks by saying no conversation happened while #19 was under contract with the Bolts.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I work with a former ESPN hockey analyst and a former player, turned analyst, and they both said Steve’s definitely going back to Detroit.

It’s the worst kept secret in sports.

Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It has to be to boost ratings. Like a "will they, won't they" dynamic we saw with Jim and Pam on The Office.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
on one hand, i'd like holland to stay, to be honest. in my opinion, he has done a tremedous job over the last 2 years.

on the other hand, yzerman coming to detroit, after showing what an awesome GM he is in tampa, would maybe even accelerate the rise of the red wings back to the top of the standings....

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
on one hand, i'd like holland to stay, to be honest. in my opinion, he has done a tremedous job over the last 2 years.

*Begins gripping edge of table...*

on the other hand, yzerman coming to detroit, after showing what an awesome GM he is in tampa, would maybe even accelerate the rise of the red wings back to the top of the standings....

*Slowly backs away nodding*

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I really hope this happens this would be such an amazing moment for the organization. Honestly I thought Yzerman fell in love with life in Tampa I thought we would never have a shot at getting him back.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Completely unsubstantiated, but someone on the drw subreddit said this

Information given to me YESTERDAY through a source working at LSA: BOTH Steve Yzerman, AND Scotty Bowman were seen in the players tunnel at LSA. When asked why they were there, “We have a press conference with the Red Wings tomorrow.” (Meaning today, 10/3). I don’t know if they are normally part of pressers, I don’t know if it will actually happen, I couldn’t find ANYTHING online. But I just wanted to get it in writing after I slept on it, and I have no idea what to do with the info, other than to share it with my fellow reddit Wings fans.

I really am not expecting anything but we shall see I guess

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011

He has to say that because Yzerman is under contract with Tampa Bay. Otherwise it's tampering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad