Steve Spott And The Forever Anemic VGK Power Play

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Why is this guy still around? If is loyalty to Pete, then kick him into a consulting role or something so that they can joke over coffee but Spott is nowhere near practices.
He should have been fired into the sun at the end of last season.... but realistically he shouldn't have been hired. In my mind if the cost of getting rid of Spott is Debeor I pay that price.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
He should have been fired into the sun at the end of last season.... but realistically he shouldn't have been hired. In my mind if the cost of getting rid of Spott is Debeor I pay that price.
Like many VGK fans, I wasn't happy with the firing of Gallant, or the way that he was fired, nor was I happy with the hiring of PDB from San Jose where I thought he was a mediocre coach who there seem to thug things up as a cover for their inconsistency on ice. However, I've sort of warmed up to PDB as a successful coach, though not necessarily as a person.

Nonetheless, I'm with you. There is a stubbornness of PDB in relation to keeping Spott, who with each PP opportunity displays his incompetence, and that stubbornness is itself a significant problem that will likely further manifest itself down the road. If PDB can't see that Spott is a problem, then the problem lies with PDB and the quicker they are both gone the better.

Ah, nothing better than to watch PDB call a time out to get a PP all set up, watch Spott with the players all gathered around him as he elaborates his plans on his wipeboard, and then they don't even get a single decent SOG in two minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad