Blue Jays Discussion: Steve Pearce: comeback machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Baseball America reporting Hernandez is the Jays 5th best prospect.

Unless they think Hernandez is a riser i dont have him in my top 5. Likely closer to 10 for me.

Hopefully that rating is more indicative of Hernandez than the Jays system.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I would think Hernandez comes up soon, hes got 500 AAA PA and will only accrue a small portion of service time if he is up for 6 weeks.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014

Unless they think Hernandez is a riser i dont have him in my top 5. Likely closer to 10 for me.

Where do you see that?

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Well they're a little late on Jansen and Borucki (which is understandable given their injury histories). He's top 10 though if he's healthy.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

They were reading off their computer screen, i gave them the benefit of the doubt. Clearly i was wrong to think they were competent at reading off a screen.

Sid was losing it earlier as to why the Jays didn't shop and trade JD, Osuna, and Stroman.

Says he is worried if the Jays try to contend next season then they could attempt in "2...3... 4..." and then look at where they will be after that if they are restocking the cupboards. Why did he stop at 4... could have went to 5 and 6.

I dont think there is a stupider "sports personality" in sports...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think so too but they have quite a bit of infielders at Vancouver. Don't think they would send Taylor to Bluefield.

Taylor has been playing 2B, so it's possible if they assign him to Vancouver that it has no bearing on Warmoth. Instead it necessitates some shuffling on the part of Cullen Large and Kevin Vicuna or maybe Lizardo and Dieferson Barreto at 3B.

Both Large and Vicuna are having iffy years with the bats, so Taylor could supplant them as the starting 2B and then they find some other player to move up or down to free up the roster spot.

Pruitt (CF)
Taylor (2B)
Warmoth (SS)
Adams (C)
Clemens (1B)
Jacob (DH)
Barreto (3B)
Obeso (LF)
Polizzi (RF)

would be pretty sweet.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
They were reading off their computer screen, i gave them the benefit of the doubt. Clearly i was wrong to think they were competent at reading off a screen.

Sid was losing it earlier as to why the Jays didn't shop and trade JD, Osuna, and Stroman.

Says he is worried if the Jays try to contend next season then they could attempt in "2...3... 4..." and then look at where they will be after that if they are restocking the cupboards. Why did he stop at 4... could have went to 5 and 6.

I dont think there is a stupider "sports personality" in sports...

1. You've got more faith than me.
2. Sounds about right
3. I don't understand the 2, 3, 4? What the hell does that even mean?

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

thomas pannone, lhp: The indians drafted pannone in the ninth round in 2013 from the community college of southern nevada. He was very effective in 2016 (2.57, 122/41 k/bb in 133 innings between low-a and high-a) and has been even better in 2017 (1.96 era in 110 innings between high-a and double-a with a 120/28 k/bb).

pannone is listed at 6-0, 195, born april 28th, 1994. Wayne cavadi filed a detailed report on pannone earlier this month, noting his low-90s fastball and significant improvement with his curveball and change-up. He’s obviously had no problems with double-a and has a shot at being a decent starting pitcher in the majors.

samad taylor, inf: Cleveland drafted taylor in the 10th round in 2016 from high school in corona, california. He was committed to the university of arizona although the indians were able to sign him for $125,000. This is looking like a bargain: he was hitting .300/.328/.467 in 120 at-bats for mahoning valley in the new york-penn league, although with just five walks.

Taylor is listed at 5-10, 160, a right-handed hitter born july 11, 1998. He has 60-grade speed and gap power and has obviously hit well in pro ball to this point. He lacks the arm for shortstop but has been a very efficient second baseman so far, showing above-average range around the bag and better reliability than most infielders his age.

pannone is a very solid pitching prospect and taylor has sleeper potential. this is a good return for a 33-year-old relief pitcher.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
1. You've got more faith than me.
2. Sounds about right
3. I don't understand the 2, 3, 4? What the hell does that even mean?

2..3...4... years. Sorry forgot the years.

He was saying if the Jays try shortcuts in 2018 next year then it could become shortcuts in 2 or 3 or 4 years and then they are in trouble. Tim was trying to say they could alway trade those guys he mentioned in the off-season or next year. But Sid said well if they didn't trade them now they might keep them 2-4 more years and lose them for nothing. Way to jump to a ridiculous conclusion.

Have to be a complete moron to think the Jays will continue to try to contend 2-4 more years after failing year in and year out.

Dont judge me for watching, i rarely watched but i was sucked in by a Atkins and Gibby interview coming up.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Aoki has the 3rd best batting average on the Jays and 6th best OBP... bats left and a contact hitter. Cant hurt to see what he does. Puts the ball in play more.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Going really deep into the prospect pool this time but does anyone know what happened to Travis Bergen? Did he have Tommy John? I remember us drafting him 2 years ago, he pitched 2 games with Vancouver in relief, 5.1 IP, 11 K's, and then got hurt. I forgot about him since then, looking at his 2016 stats he pitched in 5 games, 5 IP, 7 K's, and only just started pitching again this year 3 games, 4 IP 3 K's. In his 14.1 IP he's given up 6 hits, 4 walks, 0 runs and had 21 K's over 3 years.

Not really a prospect of any note, even when drafted he was probably thought to be a pen arm but those K's to start his career 2 years ago were eye opening. The reason I think TJ is maybe he hurt himself in 2015 tried to rehab it then came out in 2016 for 5 games and maybe tore his UCL and it would have been about a year now

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Aoki has the 3rd best batting average on the Jays and 6th best OBP... bats left and a contact hitter. Cant hurt to see what he does. Puts the ball in play more.

He's gonna hit leadoff, do really well for like a week and a half, probably take 0 walks(just because), and then for the next 3 years everyone is going to be clamoring for his speed and hitz in the top of the order, even after he's ******** the bed on other teams or retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad