Player Discussion Steve dangle

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Hey.
So for some reason I’m watching the Steve dangle podcast. In one breathe they knock mcdavid and draisaitl for padding each other’s stats (they don’t even play together much) and in the other breathe they are saying marner and matthews is the best duo and talking about how they complement each other.

so begs the question why is mcdavid knocked for having draisaitl but marner and matthews are better because of each other?

I’ve noticed this on HD boards as well. No one mentions marner when discussing matthews point totals but posters are quick to discredit mcdavid because of draisaitl and vice versa.

double standards no?

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Heh one team gets millions of viewers nationally

The other not so much

Reactions: oilers'72

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Hey.
So for some reason I’m watching the Steve dangle podcast. In one breathe they knock mcdavid and draisaitl for padding each other’s stats (they don’t even play together much) and in the other breathe they are saying marner and matthews is the best duo and talking about how they complement each other.

so begs the question why is mcdavid knocked for having draisaitl but marner and matthews are better because of each other?

I’ve noticed this on HD boards as well. No one mentions marner when discussing matthews point totals but posters are quick to discredit mcdavid because of draisaitl and vice versa.

double standards no?

That's your mistake. Right there.

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
Because one duo plays in Toronto and the other don't.

Can you imagine the hype McDrai would get if they played in Toronto? I could totally see a "Are McDavid and Draisaitl the best duo to ever play in the NHL" thread.

Reactions: oilers'72 and TB12

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Marners rep is climbing only lately so theres that. Hes been bashed by his own fans for a long time even.

The leaves are playing super well too. That spackles all problems

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Hey.

double standards no?

The clear answer to your queston is that this position fits the intended narrative. He is preaching to the converted with no intention of actually presenting a valid argument. Obvious issues like these are no longer part of normal discourse since very few are interested in an honest dialog. It just does not sell.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Why do we have a thread about steve dangle.

Hes a toronto fan living in his mom's basement who somehow has a podcast because that cesspool of a fanbase believes all the smoke he's blowing up their ass.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hey.

double standards no?

its because people are trolls

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Heh one team gets millions of viewers nationally

The other not so much

Yeah, Steve is a MAJOR Leafs homer and makes his money by getting Leafs fans to click on his videos. His ridiculous opinions for all things related to the Leafs should not be surprising. In this case he's wrong, he likely *knows* he's wrong as I'm assuming he isn't stupid, but he knows where his bread is buttered.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The only things I know about "Dangle" is he's popular in Toronto (I saw him get mobbed by people at a Marlies game and I had no idea who he was) and he's got an extremely punchable face and I have no desire to learn more.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
These guys are morons

Can somebody tell this basement Dangle guy that MCDRAI ARE NOT A DUO

How are you a duo if you don't play together FFS

MARNER AND MATTHEWS PLAY ON THE SAME LINE.

Geez, what an airhead this Dangle is lol. And he is on TV?

Are they this dumb in the head? Actually?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad