WWE: Steve Austin: one last match in Saudi Arabia?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
With someone like HBK coming out of retirement to fight in Saudi Arabia due to the money, why can’t someone like Austin do the same?

Come back for a one time match. Get paid like a gangsta.

Austin vs The Rock one more time. Or you could even do Austin vs. Goldberg.

Feb 24, 2017
With someone like HBK coming out of retirement to fight in Saudi Arabia due to the money, why can’t someone like Austin do the same?

Come back for a one time match. Get paid like a gangsta.

Austin vs The Rock one more time. Or you could even do Austin vs. Goldberg.
You could do Austin vs Roman Reigns and see if they can top 10 total moves.

Reactions: Fro and CPTN71
Oct 18, 2011
The ship sailed at WM32, My understanding is He's done well with his money. But I guess he's the last retired guy for Vince to try and squeeze a match out of

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think it's safe to say that with the Saudi Arabia blood money on the table, anything is possible except women being on the show

Amen to this. Money talks and these wrestlers have risked their lives/body to entertain. So they deserve it. It's sad how much money talks and Saudi Arabia is making it quite obvious. Especially w/ HBK coming out of retirement. He was so strong about not wanting to come back but the money that had to be tossed around is insane. And I would even imagine Taker was like "Umm Shawn.. come on. Let's do this."

But I like how you said blood money. It does just feel like they are all puppets dancing around for money and Saudi Arabia Princes can just call out whoever they want. :laugh: And even if WWE says no, they'll just throw more money. It's the ultimate shill.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Some Spanish site is reporting that the promoters of super show in Australia, Teg Dainty , announced Austin is the ref for the taker vs hhh match.

If true I’m gonna guess Saudi Arabia will try to get him in the show somehow too...

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Amen to this. Money talks and these wrestlers have risked their lives/body to entertain. So they deserve it. It's sad how much money talks and Saudi Arabia is making it quite obvious. Especially w/ HBK coming out of retirement. He was so strong about not wanting to come back but the money that had to be tossed around is insane. And I would even imagine Taker was like "Umm Shawn.. come on. Let's do this."

But I like how you said blood money. It does just feel like they are all puppets dancing around for money and Saudi Arabia Princes can just call out whoever they want. :laugh: And even if WWE says no, they'll just throw more money. It's the ultimate shill.

EachFoolishFlyingfox-size_restricted.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Austin's already said no if I'm not remembering incorrectly and said he's content with never wrestling again.

but yeah, HBK's retirement was cause of age. Austin had spinal stenosis.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't see it happening. Michaels at least actively wrestled a lot more recently than Austin did.

I feel like IF a Saudi Prince wants an Austin match, they would pay enough to even get Austin out of retirement. My source is a wrestletalk podcast referencing Meltzer, so... if it's on the internet it must be true? :laugh: BUT they said they had to report what they earned from the first Saudi event and it was somewhere in the 40-45m range and outearned freaking Wrestlemania. Now THAT is unspeakable money.

So I would imagine if they wanted Austin, a 1-2m payday wouldn't be unthinkable.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Austin strikes me as a guy who at this point in life, doesn't really give a damn about money. He's got some profitable side ventures, his podcast, his stupid redneck island reality show.

If a big pay day and working with a guy he wanted (like Punk as it was rumored in the day) at Mania didn't get him to budge, i don't think a Saudi show would.

When he went behind the curtain that one last time at WM19, i think he left the business behind for good performing wise.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I feel like IF a Saudi Prince wants an Austin match, they would pay enough to even get Austin out of retirement. My source is a wrestletalk podcast referencing Meltzer, so... if it's on the internet it must be true? :laugh: BUT they said they had to report what they earned from the first Saudi event and it was somewhere in the 40-45m range and outearned freaking Wrestlemania. Now THAT is unspeakable money.

So I would imagine if they wanted Austin, a 1-2m payday wouldn't be unthinkable.

I get all that, it's been talked about here before about how these shows are now pure profit, but I don't feel like Austin needs the money, nor would he come back for a mediocre run thru the motions match.

Oct 18, 2011

Yeah I don't blame any wrestler who takes the money. If HBK can get 7 figures for a tag match+WM more power to him. I guess if they offered Austin like 5 million dollars it's possible but I don't think he wants to wrestle if he can't be the old Stone Cold

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
If somebody seriously offered SCSA five million dollars for one match, he's taking five million dollars and doing the job in the center of the ring.

Sure, the match might last a minute, but nobody is turning down five million dollars.

Austin doesn't have anything left. He would embarrass himself in anything more then a minute or two. Doubt it happens

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
There comes a point when pretty much anyone would wrestle, but in Austin's case I think it is beyond just 1-2 million dollars. During his hottest years it's possible that he was making over ten million dollars annually (I recall Jim Ross saying that Austin's merchandise royalties alone at his peak could be over one million per month) and Austin is definitely a saver. Given his neck injury and his presumed financial security I can't realistically see an actual match where Austin takes any bumps. I could see Austin coming in to punch people and give stunners. Austin coming in for two million dollars just to open a can of whoop ass or two seems plausible.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Could Austin actually even be Austin in Saudi Arabia? Meaning the middle fingers, swearing and such? I feel like they would need to tone that down quite a bit to not run afoul of Saudi laws

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Well they wanted Vince to bring in guys who are dead. Deceased. No longer of this plane of existence. Literally. They brought in a sumo wrestler and made them think it was Yokozuna.

You know they definitely want Austin. And Dwayne. And Dave. And CM Punk. And anybody else anyone can recognize.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd be very happy for tarnish my legacy for a seven figure pay out.

A-freaking-men. If I were Austin and someone said 2m, i'd be freaking Stunning Steve or even the Ringmaster for that payout. Let me go do the job and go back to reality. That's an easy payday.

Reactions: iamjs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad