Confirmed with Link: Stephenson traded for 5th round pick in 2021

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Watching his playoff highlights it’s sad to see how bad he was at scoring the next 100 or so games for the caps

Reactions: Pomee

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Leipsic has been terrific. Love watching that guy play. (So no, you can't have him back :laugh:)
tenor.gif

But I want him :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Glad at least someone appreciates him though... :thumbu:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Love the guy. He is all heart. :)
That's what I loved about him, and sure during his stint with us he couldn't score to save his life... like seriously he found ways not to score, but he played the type of game we've need pretty much all this season. That and isn't it better to contain all your not scoring in one player than to spread it out over the team :laugh:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I actually think Stephenson could help Vegas. Our trade offs actually have been pretty good for the other team anyways.

But yes, Leipsic walks on water.
It'll be interesting to see what we do with him... but it better not mean moving Glass back to wing.

And with the drinking game we play at HFVGK, I think he could turn my blood to wine too (well if I drunk wine)

Reactions: tenken00

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
That's what I loved about him, and sure during his stint with us he couldn't score to save his life... like seriously he found ways not to score, but he played the type of game we've need pretty much all this season. That and isn't it better to contain all your not scoring in one player than to spread it out over the team :laugh:
Maybe that’s what you guys acquired Stephenson for, to become the new black hole for all your bad puck luck. God knows he’s pretty good at it.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Thanks for being a part of the Cup team - but he just wasn’t needed here any more with the way Boyd has stepped up and now being healthy,

Plus, he probably wanted to go somewhere he could be playing and Vegas needed a center badly.

Works out for everyone. Caps save money on a player who wasn’t going to be in lineup much anymore - Vegas gets a nhl caliber player to fill center they really need - Stephenson gets to still play and not sit.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Ovi - Kuzy - Wilson
Vrana - Backstrom - Oshie
Hagelin - Eller - Boyd
Leipsic - Dowd - Hathaway

..... that’s one hell of a lineup. Wow. Plus, if all else fails they have some saved cap space now for a move in the future.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
GMBM continues to do the smart thing, and not let emotions get in the way. He also seems to not worry about if it’s a flashy move. Something Dan and Bruce should take note of. This may not seem major but smart little moves add up and position us much better down the line.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Stephenson was Jason Chimera, but with worse hands and without Chimmer's sandpaper.

When Beagle departed, have to think that management at the time felt that Chandler would take over Beagle's role, with signing Dowd as insurance. Obviously didn't workout.

We won't see Chandler's mother now. Can't recall the charity that she was promoting last year on the Caps telecasts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad