Confirmed with Link: Stephenson re-signs 2.75m AAV, 4 years

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Well, lets hope his regular season with Vegas is the kind of player he really is.

That's what we're banking on. If he can continue to produce at that rate this is a steal of a contract. If he regresses closer to Washington numbers it looks pretty bad.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Too much in both aav and term for someone that played 3rd wheel to Patches and Stone

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
1m more AAV than I was hoping for, especially considering the secure term for a guy that was recently a 4th liner.

The term was surprising for me also.

He got some goals but I am not sure the point production he put up here, a 40 point pace in a full season, would be what I expect from him, I am almost positive it will dip but how much is the question for me. Especially since he will be pushed down to the bottom six more often.

But also, we have Roy, Morozov, Krebs, Elvenes, Dugan, Kolesar as likely bottom six options within the four years of that contract. Carrier is signed three more seasons. We really don't have a glaring need for him beyond two seasons.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I think they were concerned what arbitration would bring so signed Chandler maybe a tinge higher than needed, but really I think we all were figuring $2.5m or so AAV so not that much over it, its not a huge deal to lock up a guy that the staff and front office clearly like. Even more so I think the worries with the arbitrator got them to pass on qualifying Cousins. In the end they can sign Nosek for $1m and with the money differential between that and what Cousins might have gotten, they can easily absorb the AAV here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad