Recalled/Assigned: Stefan Elliott on 4/12

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
High pressure situation for Stef to step into, but on the flip side, this time he actually got the call at the time when he's healthy and playing with confidence. Hope he can catalyze some offense for us in Barrie's absence.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So does this mean Barrie's injury is serious?

It certainly isn't good news. Precautionary or otherwise.

Guessing they just don't want to play Wilson on D, he looked horrible when he switched back the last game. Out of position all over the place.

Will be good to see how far Elliott's come since last year, having pretty much all year to develop in the minors and focus on his game.

Last time I saw him with the Avs, I thought he had improved a lot defensively. Interested to see if he's improved further upon that. He's got to play north hockey though like Roy wants Barrie to do. He's got to be an offensive defenseman.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
EXCITING! Or am I the only one that is excited for this?

Edit - I know that looks bad for Barrie and that sucks. Im excited to see what Elliott can do under Roy

Last edited:

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Maybe it's just precautionary. I'm curious to see how Elliot does.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I'd guess Elliot would play... clearly Wilson doesn't have the confidence of Roy and Elliot's game is closer to Barrie's.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Wilson will probably remain up front due to only 11 healthy forwards and Roy will flip between Sarich and Elliott on the back end.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
EXCITING! Or am I the only one that is excited for this?

I would be excited if he were called up to replace Sarich or if it was because he was just tearing up the AHL and forced a call up.

But since he's replacing Barrie I'm not that stoked

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just please...for the love of everything holy, do not pair him with Holden.

If he's going to play I'd rather see him with someone like a Guenin or Sarich, someone who is more "Defense first"...Holden scares me in his own end every time he touches the puck, usually because he does not make good decisions with it...don't get me wrong, I think he's come a long way, but he is still way too prone for those mental gaffes that I was hoping would have been coming out of his game since getting the consistent good coaching from Roy, Foote and Tourigny.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Just please...for the love of everything holy, do not pair him with Holden.

If he's going to play I'd rather see him with someone like a Guenin or Sarich, someone who is more "Defense first"...Holden scares me in his own end every time he touches the puck, usually because he does not make good decisions with it...don't get me wrong, I think he's come a long way, but he is still way too prone for those mental gaffes that I was hoping would have been coming out of his game since getting the consistent good coaching from Roy, Foote and Tourigny.

Since he's a righty it'll either be Holden or Benoit. Pick your poison.

Probably Holden since Benoit will be with Guenin.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
LOL whoever plays the Avs in the 1st round just got luckier.

That D and no Duchene is just a horror movie.

Elliott
Holden
Guenin
Benoit

LOL...

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Barrie, Duchene, McLeod, Tanguay, PAP (yes I know he played last night) - will all play in the playoffs.

Optimism, pass it on.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I hope Barrie is fine but will be rested for tomorrow's game so he's ready for Thursday and Elliott puts on a show in his place. Then next week they decide to play Elliott over Benoit and Elliott has a great playoffs.

I don't think any of what I said above is right but i'm still hoping lol.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Since he's a righty it'll either be Holden or Benoit. Pick your poison.

Probably Holden since Benoit will be with Guenin.

Much rather Benoit then...

And for the worries of a concussion, just remember that everyone recovers from them in varying time frames, or he may not be too banged up and they're just holding him out to help get him as ready health wise for the PO's

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I thought McLeod was set to come back Sunday. Am I hallucinating this?

Considering there were no extra bodies whatsoever this needed to be done. Wilson just simply can't be the extra forward and Roy doesn't like to be short on defense. IF they get to a resting scenario on Sunday there are not even anyone available to take anyone's place.

Elliott had earned the callup anyway, he's been having a great month. I thought we were expecting him to get called up by the playoffs anyway as an extra?

I don't know that it means Barrie's injury is serious, it just means that he probably won't play on Sunday and they need to dress a full roster. It doesn't hurt to have Elliott available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad