Atlanta, GA
Well, I mean... sure!

Pros:
- Cheap
- Scored 20 goals last year
- Vet Presence
- Team OGWAC Factor Improved

Cons:
- Did I hear that he's basically been a very toxic presence in Winnipeg over the last few years? I'm not close enough to the situation to really know but I feel like I've heard that mentioned in passing that he and Wheeler basically tore the locker room apart (I also may be completely making things up, Jets fans please correct me)

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Don’t know if Abby is back or not but she’s going to have a hard time resisting this face…

1661272494986.jpeg

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
So way to early line speculation???

Ideally, to me…

Teravainen-Aho-Kase
Svechnikov-Kotkaniemi-Jarvis
Stastny-Drury-Necas
Stepan-Staal—Fast

Likely…

Svechnikov-Aho-Jarvis
Teravainen-Kotkaniemi-Necas
Stastny-Staal-Fast
Martinook-Stepan/Drury-Kase

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
So way to early line speculation???

Ideally, to me…

Teravainen-Aho-Kase
Svechnikov-Kotkaniemi-Jarvis
Stastny-Drury-Necas
Stepan-Staal—Fast

Likely…

Svechnikov-Aho-Jarvis
Teravainen-Kotkaniemi-Necas
Stastny-Staal-Fast
Martinook-Stepan/Drury-Kase
All I know for sure is once Patches is back come playoff time there are going to be some really good players healthy scratched due to our insane forward depth this year.

paragon

May 5, 2010
Well, I mean... sure!

Pros:
- Cheap
- Scored 20 goals last year
- Vet Presence
- Team OGWAC Factor Improved

Cons:
- Did I hear that he's basically been a very toxic presence in Winnipeg over the last few years? I'm not close enough to the situation to really know but I feel like I've heard that mentioned in passing that he and Wheeler basically tore the locker room apart (I also may be completely making things up, Jets fans please correct me)
You are mixing him with Scheifele.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
so when patches comes back:

Svech - Aho - Jarvis
Pacioretty - KK - Necas
Turbo - Staal - Fast
Stastny - Stepan/Drury - Kase

thats the dream

Reactions: Francis10

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I mean great money pucking, but someone needs to send the FO some tape of the finals and maybe mention todays hockey is played by fast hockey players. We were short vet leaders but none of the new vets are the grab the team by the neck and drag them into battle types outside of maybe Burns. Probably good for Aho to be around a guy like Stastny as a player. They think the game in a similar way.

I’ve been watching this guy play since he was here at Denver U. He was a modern Francis. His lack of skating never mattered because he was smarter than everyone else on the ice and had soft hands for close to the net passes. But now that skating is what you’d expect it to be at this point.

He played with his Dad’s wood sticks then had more wood ones made in the same pattern through college and well into his NHL career. I think he was last to give it up. He was a wood stick player, all touch. So I love the guy I just am
torn about it a bit at this point.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Productivity matters more than speed. Burns/Stastny/Patches (when healthy) are all still very productive NHLers. This is a win for Carolina in many ways, not the least of which being that still-productive vets that have not won hardware yet now see Carolina as a top FA destination. It also has the effect of not throwing KK to the wolves just yet.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I question their own faith in Koko at this point as well. Makes you think they see him as a long term Staal replacement (appropriately)who can wait his turn until Staal is gone. That was a big move for it to be viewed that way but plenty of time to figure that one out in front of us.

Productivity matters more than speed. Burns/Stastny/Patches (when healthy) are all still very productive NHLers. This is a win for Carolina. It also has the effect of not throwing KK to the wolves just yet.
They all need to play with speed to be productive so I really struggle with you saying productivity matters more than speed. Put them all on the ice together and they will struggle to take and keep the offensive zone…..which will likely effect productivity.

Koko is getting too old to be protected from the wolves. For the investment made he should be ready to take a role from someone. Hopefully he is.

Last edited:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I question their own faith in Koko at this point as well. Makes you think they see him as a long term Staal replacement (appropriately)who can wait his turn until Staal is gone. That was a big move for it to be viewed that way but plenty of time to figure that one out in front of us.

They gave him an 8 year extension and spent to the cap with a scoring wing in Pacioretty to support him. They have plenty of faith in KK. Patches had an unfortunate injury and now the Canes see an opportunity to bring in a vet that hasn't won a Cup yet.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad