Kronwall - Green
Ericsson - Ouellet/Jensen

Jimmy/Petr

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
You didn't even need to leave the first page to find this thread already posted.

My way too early opening night lines:
Tatar-Hank-Nyquist
Abby-Larkin-AA
Helm-Nielsen-Mantha
Sheahan/Glendening-lil Bert

2 and 3 can be interchangeable.

Without AA
Tats-Hank-Nyquist
Abby-Larkin-Mantha
Helm-Nielsen-Sheahan
Witkowski-Glendening-lil Bert

DDK-Daley
XO-Green
E-Jensen
Sproul
Kronner starts season hurt.

I just have a feeling they start Z with Tatar and Nyquie like they did to end the year.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
What are we rolling with when the season starts?

Tatar-Zettterberg-Mantha
Larkin-Nielsen-Nyquist
Helm-Sheahan-Abdelkader
AA?, Svech?-Glendening-Bert

Daley-Green
DDK-Kronwall
XO-Ericsson

Howard/Mrazek

It's already been stated that Larkin will be at center and that Daley will be on the right side

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
What are we rolling with when the season starts?

Tatar-Zettterberg-Mantha
Larkin-Nielsen-Nyquist
Helm-Sheahan-Abdelkader
AA?, Svech?-Glendening-Bert

Daley-Green
DDK-Kronwall
XO-Ericsson

Howard/Mrazek

That's a 3rd line that makes $10.18 million. I wonder what sort of return the Wings get on that investment?

It 'might not' be the worst 3rd line in the NHL from a talent standpoint, but are there 'any' 3rd lines that are that costly (while ranking well within the bottom part of the league in production)?

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
abbie-z-nyquist
tatar-nielsen-mantha
helm-larkin-bert
glen-sheahan-witkowski

ddk - green
kronwall - daley
jensen - ericsson

jimmy
mrazek

Within a month, Sheahan will C the 3rd line, Larkin will be back at wing, and there will be rumors that Svechnikov has a bad attitude and that's why he's not playing over Witkowski. Z will regress badly and still be the best all-around player on the ice. Mantha will score 35+ but get **** talked all season for not being a Selke contender.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Within a month, Sheahan will C the 3rd line, Larkin will be back at wing, and there will be rumors that Svechnikov has a bad attitude and that's why he's not playing over Witkowski. Z will regress badly and still be the best all-around player on the ice. Mantha will score 35+ but get **** talked all season for not being a Selke contender.

:rolleyes:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Staring lines have to include the GOAT:

hqdefault.jpg

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Sorry - "everything will be sunshine, rainbows and the team will be first in the Atlantic."

Feel free to find the ignore button; it's not hard.

I'm not gonna ignore someone over a couple tired Holland cliches, you post quality posts sometimes njx, I'm not going to rid myself of all of your opinions.

That being said, if I face-palmed myself any harder to the last line of your post I would've broken my nose. - Specifically the line about Svechnikov.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I'm not gonna ignore someone over a couple tired Holland cliches, you post quality posts sometimes njx, I'm not going to rid myself of all of your opinions.

That being said, if I face-palmed myself any harder to the last line of your post I would've broken my nose. - Specifically the line about Svechnikov.

*shrug* I don't believe in a single person on this team, from the coaches to the owners. It's not a Holland thing, it's a Blashill-Holland-Illitch-and-everything-in-between thing. Anything else I'd add is off-topic here.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
and there will be rumors that Svechnikov has a bad attitude and that's why he's not playing over Witkowski.

Poor Svechnikov... I'm sure it would be much better for his development to play Witkowski's 6-8 minutes a game on the 4th line in the NHL (when he isn't sitting in the Cleary Cabana) than play top line minutes in GR...

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Can AA stop being an ass and sign a contract already... I don't think I can watch our so called 3rd line anymore. Helm looks way slower this season. He's terrible. Him and Abby paired on the wing together generates a total of ZERO offence. It's painful, this line just can't score. We have been lucky so far, but if we don't change soon our 2-0 record will be a distant memory. (may be a blessing?)

With AA. (assuming Sheahan is traded)

Tatar Zetterberg Nyquist

Mantha Larkin Frk

Abby Nielson AA

Helm Glenny Booth/Witkowski

or

Tatar Zetterberg Nyquist

Abby Larkin Mantha

AA Nielson Frk

Helm Glenny Booth/Witkowski

Without AA (probable)

Tatar Zetterberg Nyquist

Abby Larkin Mantha

Helm Nielson Frk

Glenny Sheahan Booth/Witkowski

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Gus - Zetterberg - Mantha
Akader - Larkin - Tatar
Helm - Nielsen - Athanasiou
Wilson - Glendeing - Frk
(Witkowski, Bertuzzi IR)

Imo, Frk has regressed after his hot start, too many stupid penalties and will drop on the pressbox when Lil Bert comes back.

Or, if we still would get some time to Frk, let him excel at TOP9 with guys he excelled.

Mantha - Larkin - Frk
Akader - Zetterberg - Gus
AA - Nielsen - Tatar

Every line is a threat this way.

Wilson - Glendening - Helm on the 4th. Looks so much better...

Last edited:

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
My lines

Not that Blash will go with these-but here goes:

1) Zetts/Nielsen/Nyquist-on the theory that anyone who plays with Zetts will improve, hopefully this will get Nielsen roling, not to mention that Zetts sucks on faceoffs this yr.

2) AA/Larkin/Mantha-give this line at least 10 games to see if they have any chemistry. Speed galore.

3) Tatar/Helm/Frk

4) Abby/Glendening/Wilson

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Against the Sabres he threw out a line of Tatar-Nielsen-Glendening.

I'm not sure exactly what he's expecting from that line.

It often feels like he's pulling the handle on a slot machine, hoping for a jackpot.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
My lines

1) Zetts/Nielsen/Nyquist-on the theory that anyone who plays with Zetts will improve, hopefully this will get Nielsen roling, not to mention that Zetts sucks on faceoffs this yr.

2) AA/Larkin/Mantha-give this line at least 10 games to see if they have any chemistry. Speed galore.

3) Tatar/Helm/Frk

I actually like those lines much better, All the more reason why Blashill would never do it.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
According to the link... https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2...s-at-lightning-how-to-watch-projected-lineups

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Mantha
Tatar-Larkin-Abdelkader
Athanasiou-Nielsen-Helm
Wilson-Glendening-Frk
Kronwall-Green
Ericsson-Daley
DeKeyser-Jensen
Howard
Mrazek

I really hate that Abby would be getting playing time in the top-6 and I'm sure Frk will absolutely flourish as a 4th line CHECKER!!! I'm gonna go cry in a corner

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
My lines

3) Tatar/Helm/Frk

Some poor rationale. Nielsen is way worse on the dot than Zetterberg.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad