Starting 40-Man Dynasty League via ESPN

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Starting From Scratch...

League Details:

Roster Size: 40 Players, 20 Starters [4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1UTIL, 1G], 20 Bench, 5IR

20 Teams, 5 Divisions, 8 Teams Make Playoffs

25-33 Keepers per season (leaning towards the latter to mimic a 7-to-12 round draft every fall)

H2H Most Categories Wins
Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, Hits, ATOI, BLKS, PIMS, STP (8 Total)
Goalie Cats: W, SV%. GAA%, SO (4 Total)

http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=1459

Send an e-mail to [email protected] OR reply to this message if interested.

Last edited:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I would highly recommend drafting a goalie in the 1st round (and maybe even a good goalie in the 2nd to monopolize the market). One goalie controls 33% of the stat categories, whereas 19 skaters contribute to the other 67%. Who cares if one misses out on Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, etc... because if you compliment a star goalie(s) with lesser star players that can hit, block shots, and take penalties and you have 7 of the 12 categories slanted in your favor, which is enough to win most weeks. If they play a lot (ATOI) and are on strong teams (+/-) then you have slanted 9 of the 12 categories in your favor. Should create an interesting draft dynamic in this league where players like Hanzal, Hartnell, Callahan, Brown are almost as valuable as the superstars.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
I would highly recommend drafting a goalie in the 1st round (and maybe even a good goalie in the 2nd to monopolize the market). One goalie controls 33% of the stat categories, whereas 19 skaters contribute to the other 67%. Who cares if one misses out on Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, etc... because if you compliment a star goalie(s) with lesser star players that can hit, block shots, and take penalties and you have 7 of the 12 categories slanted in your favor, which is enough to win most weeks. If they play a lot (ATOI) and are on strong teams (+/-) then you have slanted 9 of the 12 categories in your favor. Should create an interesting draft dynamic in this league where players like Hanzal, Hartnell, Callahan, Brown are almost as valuable as the superstars.

Hence why it is important to understand the rules and categories. The format is fine, if you draft well, you will do well.

skinneh

#FireHolland
Jul 17, 2009
Winnipeg
I want to be in this league so bad! I am already in 3 other keeper leagues + Fanduel everyday.. It's like a full time job!! ;)

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
question do you have a general idea when the draft will happen

The draft won't be for at least another 1.5-2 weeks. The league will probably be filled a week from now, and will take another week to decide the draft date. There is a poll on the leagues homepage to determine the best time of day is best for each owner, from there a date will be chosen

Longer

Aug 14, 2004
The draft won't be for at least another 1.5-2 weeks. The league will probably be filled a week from now, and will take another week to decide the draft date. There is a poll on the leagues homepage to determine the best time of day is best for each owner, from there a date will be chosen
I think the poll re: draft date doesn't show because I've not joined. Is there an indication of when the draft may be? I'm in Australia, so Friday and Saturday anytime works for me, but any other time is more tricky. Thanks!

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
I think the poll re: draft date doesn't show because I've not joined. Is there an indication of when the draft may be? I'm in Australia, so Friday and Saturday anytime works for me, but any other time is more tricky. Thanks!

Refer to my last post about the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad