Post-Game Talk: Start spreadin' the news I'm leavin' today I want to be a part of it New York, New York

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Thank **** it's over. Whew.

I wonder how banged up they are after these two series? Barkov stopping that puck with his hand....man. Possibly saved the game but also, we're not going anywhere without him this year. So, like, do that but also in a safer way that won’t give us all a heart attack?

Need more from Tkachuk and Verhaeghe(?!?) next round.

Really don't know what to think about them right now. We’ve seen them play better. Is that good or bad?

Celebrate, get some rest, heal up a bit and then start thinking of the next series. We cannot come out flat again like we did again Boston in game 1.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Their PK is insane but it doesn't matter because Florida's couldn't score on San Jose. The Rangers powerplay is also so damn good (embarrassed the Canes which says a lot) but Florida's PK has been so so good I'm actually not as worried as I would be. Also Florida is definitely better 5 v 5. Series keys:

-Can the Rangers keep place with Florida 5 v 5?
-Can Florida's powerplay do anything (lol)
-Will Florida contain NYR's deadly powerplay?
-Which Bob and Shesty show up? Both almost unbeatable when on but they can be leaky.

My main reason I have little faith is Florida had a very very tough time with Boston who are MUCH worse than NYR. If they won in 4 or 5 I'd probably be feeling better.
This Boston series was strange. Almost like they are holding back a bit, idk if that’s all from trying to stay out of the box. I don’t know if we’ve seen “full on” Panthers yet this playoffs, only a few periods scattered throughout 2 series.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Still seeing and hearing Boston fans cry about the refs tonight

lmfao

Mind broken.
It’s something to see. Every game, all game. All series.
Bitching & moaning tonight about perfectly legitimate calls against Boston.
they just feel that entitled, or
Maybe they just do not really understand hockey up there, yet. :sarcasm:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Thank **** it's over. Whew.

I wonder how banged up they are after these two series? Barkov stopping that puck with his hand....man. Possibly saved the game but also, we're not going anywhere without him this year. So, like, do that but also in a safer way that won’t give us all a heart attack?

Need more from Tkachuk and Verhaeghe(?!?) next round.

Really don't know what to think about them right now. We’ve seen them play better. Is that good or bad?

Celebrate, get some rest, heal up a bit and then start thinking of the next series. We cannot come out flat again like we did again Boston in game 1.
Rangers are a whole different animal. Chucky and Verhege will need to really be productive. Rangers seem to have our number and we will need everybody to step as Forsling did against Boston.

Reactions: harv33173

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
Yay!

Barkov with those blocked shots at the end.
Thought his hand got destroyed beyond all salvation.

barkovpuckmonster.png

I'm almost never nervous.
I was on the verdge of shitting my pants.

Nu kör vi över NYR, perkele!

bobrovsky.png

Last edited:

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
PHEW!!!! It felt like we grinded that win, but bloody hell, am I relieved. I was watching that last period this morning and couldn't breathe those last few minutes.

Oh Barky: my crush on the guy has now reached unhealthy levels to the point where it's a very good thing that there's an ocean between us otherwise he'd be forced to take out a restraining order against me, and the poor man does not deserve that... Really hope that his hand is OK - f***, are we lost without him. And Bob, Forsling and Lundell - next on my stalker list [evil laugh].

We need to be better though. I'm still new to hockey but I feel like we have more talent than this but we're not showing it. I do believe we play better as underdogs with a chip on our shoulder, and nothing better to take on the President Trophy winners....

PS. I need to drum up some hatred for the Rangers ahead of the series. Although that should be relatively easy if TNT continues to be so utterly partisan for large market teams. God, I hate that panel.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m not convinced that Barkov blocked it with his hand. He was motioning that way but at the last second he moved his hand behind the shin pad, at least partially, and it looked like his leg took at least the initial puck hit. But it’s a bit hard to see on the replay they provided.

Ne thing’s for sure though, if Barky doesn’t block it, we’re looking at game 7.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016

He's not wrong about Forsling and I get what he's saying. But that's such a vague, non-answer.

You could also say Ekblad is the best at playing his style of hockey. A turtle on skates..

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
So my guess is Rangers will be favored not by much but they have home ice and winner of the Presidents trophy.
That being said Panthers have the most recent success of going to the Cup.
To me I see this as a toss up. Both teams are very talented offensively and both have great defenses and goalies.
This is going to be fun……..

Reactions: harv33173

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I’m not convinced that Barkov blocked it with his hand. He was motioning that way but at the last second he moved his hand behind the shin pad, at least partially, and it looked like his leg took at least the initial puck hit. But it’s a bit hard to see on the replay they provided.

Ne thing’s for sure though, if Barky doesn’t block it, we’re looking at game 7.

It hit toe of his skate and then his hand palm side which isn't protected. Hurt like hell for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad