Post-Game Talk: Start spreadin' the news I'm leavin' today I want to be a part of it New York, New York

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Their PK is insane but it doesn't matter because Florida's couldn't score on San Jose. The Rangers powerplay is also so damn good (embarrassed the Canes which says a lot) but Florida's PK has been so so good I'm actually not as worried as I would be. Also Florida is definitely better 5 v 5. Series keys:

-Can the Rangers keep place with Florida 5 v 5?
-Can Florida's powerplay do anything (lol)
-Will Florida contain NYR's deadly powerplay?
-Which Bob and Shesty show up? Both almost unbeatable when on but they can be leaky.

My main reason I have little faith is Florida had a very very tough time with Boston who are MUCH worse than NYR. If they won in 4 or 5 I'd probably be feeling better.
Every series is different, have faith we were 2-0-1 against the Rangers this year.

Why not us?

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I picked Rangers in 6 because I believe that's what's gonna happen. Boston honestly isn't good. Look at their center line, it's straight trash. The Panthers aren't going to win the Cup. If Shesterkin shits the bed and they beat the Rangers, there's no chance they beat Dallas, so I'm happy now.

f*** Boston.
Eh, I don’t know. I kind of feel like tonight was a game we should have lost but we were up all night on SOGs and it never felt like it. Never felt in control. Never felt like we got anything going.

Then wham. A quick little nothing shot by Gus with 1:30 to go and it’s series over. Hockey is a crazy sport, and sometimes I think it’s very f***ing random. Who honestly knows.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
anyone else watching Alex petrovic play for Dallas
I thought you were trolling good lord
Every series is different, have faith we were 2-0-1 against the Rangers this year.

Why not us?
I don't care about the regular season numbers. I'm not even trying to talk shit, Boston is not very good and they outplayed Florida 3 of 6 games. I just don't see how now playing a much better team it'll go better. I will say it's not impossible, I have NYR in 6 so it's not like I'm expecting a sweep. Panthers could always find their pre-March play.

Also Bobholly on the mainboard picked NYR so I'm re-evaluating my choices.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Eh, I don’t know. I kind of feel like tonight was a game we should have lost but we were up all night on SOGs and it never felt like it. Never felt in control. Never felt like we got anything going.

Then wham. A quick little nothing shot by Gus with 1:30 to go and it’s series over. Hockey is a crazy sport, and sometimes I think it’s very f***ing random. Who honestly knows.

Nothing getting going, no control the 3rd periode we had 15 Min control. Boston brought near nothing to the Table in the 3rd beside some single shots.
I was not impressed from Boston 3rd Periode preformance, when you are the Team that have to win.
The Energy we played, had to be topped from the Bruins to go on, that was tough to top. The fast and early Forecheck even impressed Boston, that they iced the puck very often.

Reactions: longtime lurker

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I am not a doomer. I am rooting for this team and happy we're here. I'm enjoying this. But I really don't like how the Panthers played Boston, and if they don't tighten things up quickly, they will not be getting past New York.
The later states of series become wars of attrition, Panthers in 7, I believe!

Plus President's Trophy is cursed no?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I am not a doomer. I am rooting for this team and happy we're here. I'm enjoying this. But I really don't like how the Panthers played Boston, and if they don't tighten things up quickly, they will not be getting past New York.
I have the same feeling I had in 2022 when it took every ounce of Bob and puck luck to beat the Caps. I just don't think it bodes well.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
IMG_8288.jpeg

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The later states of series become wars of attrition, Panthers in 7, I believe!

Plus President's Trophy is cursed no?

I don't believe in the President's Trophy curse at all. Teams that win the President's Trophy are still pretty likely (comparatively) to win the Cup.

I don't know. I don't think New York is a great team, but:

1. Panarin is automatic vs Bob

2. Shesterkin

3. Trocheck is going to score big goals because he just is.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I don't believe in the President's Trophy curse at all. Teams that win the President's Trophy are still pretty likely (comparatively) to win the Cup.

2. Shesterkin

Worst part is were gonna go from swayman glazing to rempe glazing

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

2. Shesterkin

I think we can do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad